"Hm.." She hummed. And eyed the situation. The blonde boy noticed her staring at the two, and she turned the other way, putting her brush and parchment away. He tilted his head to the side slightly in confusion.

"Wow. Paimon thought he would be a shady character, then he opened his mouth and now Paimon's sure of it!" The pixie told her partner. "Paimon has a bad feeling about this..." Then they proceeded to see what the guy was looking at inside the crates.

Xiwangmu found her way back up to Xiao after a while with her lantern in hand.

"I saw some shady guy near the flammables in Liyue Harbor. And a guy with blonde hair and a floating talking pixie." She explained.

Xiao knew who she was referring to. And he nodded and went to go see with Xiwangmu. The two looked at the ground and saw a symbol.

"I'm pretty sure he's a treasure hoarder." She squatted down on the ground taking a closer look. And looked around to see the blonde guy no where to be found.

After a bit they were talking, and the two oddballs returned.

"Wait, there's other people—" The 'Paimon' exclaimed.

"Xiao? What are you doing here?" The blonde boy said.

"Are you interested in the Lantern Rite?" Paimon asked.

"I have no interest in the lantern rite. I sensed a malign influence here. I'm here to investigate."

'Yeah, sure.' Xiwangmu thought.

"When a shackle is loosened in the realm of deities and demons, I take full responsibility. But this time, the threat comes from the mortal world— your world. Then you shall take full responsibility, mortal traveler." Xiao had his arms crossed. And move his chin up. "When the time comes, I hope you shall act promptly and decisively... I do not wish for the tassel of the polearms that has slaughtered countless demons to become stained with mortal blood."

"Are you done with your speech Xiao?" Xiwangmu called out narrowing her eyes at him.

"Hey—" He tried to retort.

"Who are you?" Paimon asked.

"She's—" Xiao got cut off again.

"Paimon, it's rude to not introduce ourselves first." Blondie said.

"Oh! I'm sorry. I'm Paimon! And this is Paimon's partner, Aether!"

"I didn't think you knew Xiao this personally." She said in interest.

"You seem close too." Aether said.

"I'm Y/N. Feel free to call me that."

"You wear traditional looking clothes." Paimon tilted her head.

"Yes, these are most comfortable."

"Now. Enough with the chit chat." Xiao looked grumpy.

"Xiao, you look grumpy." Xiwangmu pinched his cheek leaving it to be red and sting.

Paimon and Aether looked slightly startled with the exchange. That she just pinched the vigilant yaksha's cheek.

"W-whats this?" Paimon tried to change the subject.

"A symbol that your suspected evildoer left behind." Xiwangmu explained.

"Doesn't look familiar to Paimon."

"Well, you will have to show me how much you can accomplish on your own strength. Because if I become involved, there is a possibility that the streets of Liyue Harbor will be painted red this Lantern Rite."