Chapter 2: Despair and Old Friends

A/N:  Remember for future reference that this is a mature story. So, if you can't handle language, sexual references, or anything that could be considered mature then fuck off. I wrote the Mineta reference when I was half asleep and read over it again the next day and thought to myself "What the fuck did I just write!?" and then I kept it. So sorry but not sorry in advance. 

~3rd Person~

The funerals took place one week after Momo was killed. The second one was a public funeral for the entire media and country to watch and take part in which took place outside of UA High. The sky was darkened with clouds, but no rain fell during the service. The streets were filled with civilians and lower-ranking heroes who wished to pay their respects but the heroes who knew Creati personally stood at the front of the crowd. They stood with their heads down, barely listening to what the Hero Public Safety Commission had to say about their best friend and coworker. Even with the turnout, the mood was darker and more depressing without the appearance of Deku, who never showed up to speak about his dead wife.

The previous funeral was held at noon the day before. It was a private funeral in which only family, close friends, and their families were invited. At least the clouds knew when to pour out their hearts for this funeral. The cemetery where the services were held was previously owned by All Might. He sanctioned for its creation after Nana Shimura was killed by All for One so that the heroes who died on duty to protect or save someone could have a place to be put to rest. Izuku, Katsuki, Mirio, and Shoto sat at the front waiting for their turn to speak. In the small crowd, Momo's parents comforted Eri and her brother as they cried their hearts out into their grandparents, even when the older couple were no better. Yui and Yumi also balled into Pony her daughter, Katsuya. Izuru, Yumi, and Katsuya may have been young, but they still knew that they would never see someone they all held very close ever again. Especially Izuru. Eijiro tried his best not to cry until Mina wrapped her arms around his shoulders put her mouth by her husband's ear and whispered "It's manly to show your emotions at the right times. And this... this is the right time." After his wife helped him realize that, Eijiro couldn't stop the tears from flowing.

Mei and Izuku had it the worst. The emotions on their faces and their actions showed that they both blamed themselves for Momo's death. Hatsume's head was on Awase's shoulder while she constantly activated and deactivated her quirk, zooming in and out on the coffin, waiting for Momo to wake up from her endless slumber. Midoriya wasn't even crying. The emotions he felt were too great for his mind to comprehend how his body should have been acting at that moment. When it was his turn to speak, Izuku walked up to the podium, looked into the crowd, and at his children.

~1st Person: Izuku Midoriya~

What am I doing? This is all my fault anyway. I shouldn't even be here. How am I supposed to handle living now that Momo's gone? How are the kids going to handle it? I can't do this.

I looked down from my children and at my wife's casket with sullen eyes. After a few moments of silence, I finally had the composure to whisper a few words. "I'm sorry I couldn't save you." And with that, I sat down with my head in my hands and a desperate look on my face. Desperate for my wife to come back.

The funeral continued for another hour. My mind wandered away from the speakers and towards memories of our family. Eventually, we made it to the lowering of the casket and burial. Momo's parents, Izuru, Eri, and I were given yellow chrysanthemums to place over the casket and afterward, we took turns releasing dirt onto the top of her burial. Following the end, the crowd gradually left until the only ones left were Momo's parents and our family.

I was holding Izuru in my left arm and squeezing onto Eri's hand with my right while staring into the gravestone of my ravenette spouse when my in-laws finally made their way over to us. Mr. Yaoyorozu was a tall man with greying black hair and a strong build. He wore plastic-framed glasses and had a faint stubble growing across his chin and lower face. Mrs. Yaoyorozu was an older but almost exact replica of her only daughter. the only differences were her chocolate-brown eyes and the start of a few wrinkles beginning to take form around her mouth.