╰➢ reconciliation

Start from the beginning

"Who...? Who could possibly figure that out? That's completely mental." Harry asked, still in a world of his own.

"Yeah. Isn't it? I suppose I was a bit distraught." Ron said shyly, scratching his neck.

Harry looked at Hermoine; who had somehow a relived smile on her face. Nicole was also beaming at Ron, which made him feel like everything was going to be okay soon.

"YOU SNOGGED HIM?"

"Hermoine, be quiet!" Nicole exclaimed, pulling her best friends arm as an attempt for her to shut up. The euphoria of slaying the dragon went over in the matter of hours— and now Nicole had something new to worry about.

She had snogged Ellis before the first task.

"Who snogged who?" Ron asked, peeking his head between the two girls. Nicole's eyes widened— she knew that Ron was overprotective over his friends, and that he already didn't like Ellis much because Nicole spent most of her time with him. Nicole could only imagine his reaction when she told him that she had kissed him before going to the next task.

"No one." Nicole said innocently. Ron didn't seem to question her, because he shrugged and walked over to the food table.

"I did. Before the task." Nicole said quietly, tugging Hermoine closer so she was the only person who'd hear it. "I think Harry didn't see it. He was outside talking to someone— I don't really know who— but he didn't see it."

"And what did he say?"

"He didn't have any time to." Nicole explained. "Then it dawned on me today. What am I supposed to do when I see him? He might not even like me ba—"

"You must be utterly stupid if you think he doesn't like you back."

Nicole scrunched her eyebrows. That wasn't Hermoine.

"You tell her, Fred. Tell her how we've seen them being lovey dovey in the black lake."

Nicole turned around to see the Weasley twins with matching grins on their faces. The girl didn't really know what to do except to grab the book that was in Hermoine's hands and violently slam them on each of the twins.

"HEY—"

"You—"

"You're not telling anyone." Nicole said sternly, standing up from the sofa. "Not Harry. Not Ron. Not a word to anyone. Understood?"

The twins muttered words of agreement, and Nicole, who was now a bit relieved sat down on the sofa once again. Hermoine was showing her an odd smile for some reason, which made her a bit confused.

"What?"

Hermoine smiled and shook her head. "Nothing."

Usually, Nicole despised Mondays. Hermoine would always drag her out of her bed and force her to attend her classes against her will, but this Monday was different.

She woke up earlier than the rest of her friends. Everyone loved her again. For some odd reason, on her way to the great hall, even Hufflepuffs were congratulating her for doing a good job. People seemed to be impressed at how she managed to handle her broken broom situation.

As soon as she sat on the Gryffindor table, people were still complimenting her. Everything was music to her ears, until she heard a voice that made her want the ground to swallow her as a whole.

"'Ello, Miss Tomato."

Nicole took four deep breaths, and looked at Ellis with an unusually wide smile on his face. Maybe he didn't remember. Maybe none of this has already happened and you wake up tomorrow and you need to go slay the dragon.