11

3rd person POV

It had been a month and a half since Richie had fled the Kaspbrak's home when Sonia had arrived early, and Richie and Eddie's relationship was back to normal. And by normal I mean endless flirting, lingering looks, pink cheeks, hand holding and just general excessive touches which had been driving the other Losers mad.

Stanley had been almost certain he had finally convinced Richie to get over his fear and just tell Eddie already, but it obviously hadn't worked. It was as though all of the Losers were just third wheeling on some date the boys didn't even realise they were on. Quite frankly, it was infuriating. And they were going to do something about it.

It was Bev and Stan who came up with the plan first, the others helped to fill in the gaps. They were going to set them both up on a date - a real date - and hope for the best. Stan even agreed to give Richie a pep talk to try and convince him to finally make a move. If all goes well, Richie and Eddie should be together by the end of the week.

Beverly told the Losers this in the clubhouse, Stanley had called her originally and she had then gathered everyone (apart from the boys in question) to fully discuss it. They were all more than happy to help.
"Clear?" Stanley asked the circle of kids gathered in the basement once he'd gone over the plan for a final time.
"C-Clear," Bill confirmed, accompanied by a series of murmurs and nods in agreement.
"Then let's get started."

Bev called Eddie and Stanley called Richie. The conversations went pretty much the same.
"Hey Rich,"
"Hey Stan the man,"
"Wanna go to the movies on Saturday? The rest of the Losers will be there,"
"Do you even have to ask that?"
"Yes, are you coming or not?"
"Of course I'm coming you idiot,"
"Great. It starts at three PM. Oh and for the record I was forced to ask you to come, I'm pretty sure we'd all be better off without your shit jokes,"
"Love you to Stan,"
Richie hung up.

"Eds!"
"Oh, hey Bev. What's up?"
"Do you wanna come to the movies on Saturday? It starts at three PM."
"Ummm I'm not sure my mom won't-"
"Richie will be there,"
"Oh- um... okay. Yeah, I'll come,"
"Great,"
Beverly smiled as she put her phone back into her dungarees pocket and clapped her hands triumphantly. The rest of the Losers had similar looks on their faces. Now to prepare for tomorrow.