Chapter 7: Recovery

After Kelly left my room. My dad just looked over to me. "You are moving to Florida."

"Dad no!"

"This is not up for discussion young lady."

"I am 30 years old dad! You can't tell me what I am going to do." I was holding my head in my hands because it hurt so much. I noticed my vision was getting worse as well.

Kelly and Will came into my room. Will immediately went over to my bed to perform some Neurological test.

"She's probably just faking it. So she doesn't have to deal with her problems. She is going to move to Florida with us."

That was the last straw for Kelly. He looked at Shelby's dad and just lost it. "Look here! She is not faking it! Your daughter almost died but all you care about is your damn image! She is my wife and I love her!"

"She's your EX-Wife" Shelby's dad retorted back. "And if she doesn't move to Florida with us then we will cut her off."

Before Kelly could do anything Will stepped between them. "You two should go. Now."

My parents huffed and puffed out of the room. Will turned his attention back to me. "Alright so I'm going to give you something for the pain. And then I'm ordering a head CT. Hopefully it's just a migraine."

"Okay thanks Will." He gave me a dose of pain meds and left the room.

"I can not stand your parents."

"That makes two of us."

Kelly smiled at me. Making my heart skip a beat. "You are staying with me. I will not let them take you away from me again."

"Let them cut me off. I don't care anymore." I returned Kellys smile. The pain meds were starting to kick in and I was getting sleepy.

"Go to sleep." Kelly could tell I was fighting off going to sleep.

"Lay down with me?"

"Of course." I moved over to let Kelly lay down next to me. I curled up into his side and he draped his arm over my shoulder. It felt so right. Our bodies matched up perfectly. We stayed like this till it was time for my CT scan.

************************************

It was finally the day I could go home. My CT scan showed everything was good. The stress and sudden movement was just to much for me and I got a bad migraine because of it.

Kelly walked into the room with a bag of clothes for me to change into. "Here's some clothes and Will said he would be in soon to go over discharge."

"Okay thanks Kel." I took the bag and started to Change. "Kelly I may need help with my shirt. "

"Sure thing Bee." Kelly went over to help me put my shirt on. Our eyes locked once my shirt was on. We just stood there staring at one another. "I'm glad your okay."

"Me too." We started to move closer to one another and just as Kelly leaned down to kiss me, Will came into the room.

"You ready to... Oh my bad. I can come back?"

"No Will it's fine. I'm ready to get out of here." I could tell Kelly was disappointed. Our connection was still there and it was getting stronger the more time we spent together.

"Okay well here are your discharge paperwork. You won't be able to return to the firehouse till your arm heals. For the next 2 weeks I want someone to be with you at all times." I rolled my eyes. I didn't think it was necessary. "I'm serious Shelby. You can't pop any of your stitches."