Chp 16 : Epilogue - All you have to say is Yes !

Start from the beginning

    Draco made up his mind . Whats better than now , he thought .

  Draco started speaking before he could chicken out -
"Hermione , you remember the book you so wanted to buy but I beat you to it?"

  "Hogwarts : A History - Special edition , that you 'stole' from me and haven't yet returned it . Can never forget about that book " The bushy hair witch replied , finally taking her eyes off the screen to look at her blonde haired wizard who was smiling down at her , though there was also some nervousness lurking in the corner of those eyes . "But why do you ask about it all of a sudden , haven't you mock me enough about that night ?" She asked raising one of her eyebrows

  "You can have it " Hermione's eyes widened a fraction . She wasn't expecting that . Draco had hide that book from Hermione just to annoy her and to this day she hadn't read it courtesy to him .

   "Is this come kind if a prank ? Is Theo and Blaise hiding behind the sofa with cameras ? The momemt I start jumping in ecstacy they will snap a pic"

Draco roll his eyes and slowly got into a sitting position resulting in Hermione to get up too which she wasn't very happy about , missing Draco's warmth . He kissed her on the lips . A slow kiss telling more emotions than he was capable of showing .

   When they parted he took both her hand into his and looking straight into her eyes told -
"No , this isn't a prank . You can take that book and the whole Malfoy book collection . Take it ? you can own it if you want ! You have to do just one thing in return "

    Draco smiled and got off the sofa , kneeling in front of her .

Hermione's heart was thumping so loudly she was surprised Draco couldn't hear it . Was this moment she had been so waiting for ? Barely a wishper , she asked in her soft voice too afraid that if she raise her voice even a notch , Draco would runaway ,
"Ohh! And what's that ?"

   He outstretched his hand towards their bedroom and sure enough a small ringbox Hermione had found out ages ago zapped out and into his hand .

   "Hermione Granger , you are smart , brave , amazing , beautiful . But above all this you are kind hearted . You have an heart of gold . When there was a time people wouldn't want to even see my face , for the cri- " Draco took a deep breathe to prevent his voice to quiver and continued - " for the things I had done , it was you who had extended a friendly hand towards me . Basking my dark life with your warmth and love . I know I don't deserve something so pure , "

"Draco , No" Hermione said as she hold Draco's face in her hands , tears streaming down her cheeks . Draco cupped her left wrist , his thumb stroking the area where the scar was magically hidden , his eyes glistening with unshed tears -

   "Denying it won't change the fact Hermione or the past . But I want to change my future . I don't want to spend the rest of my life in guilt and remorse . Instead I want to spend it with you , making you happy instead of hurting you like I had done in the past .  I vow to always protect you and that bleeding golden heart of yours still I am old and frailed , my face all wrinkly and I am no more good looking like I am now "

   Hermione laughed , a soft melodic laugh which made Draco's heart skip a beat . Draco smile and opened the ring box , inside was a elegant ring with a ruby in the middle and two small emeralds at the side , an odd ring but beautiful none the less .

   "Marry me , Granger . Just say Yes and you can finally own that book and all the others from my family collection . Not to forget this overly handsome rich aristocratic man will just be the cherry on top of it ."

   Before Draco to speak any further , Hermione started kissing Draco , a hard demanding kiss which Draco was happy to return .

   "Yes , Yes , Yes a million times Yes !!! , Hermione said her face glowing . Draco took the ring out , holding Hermione hand put the engagement ring into her small danity finger . Getting up he picked Hermione from the sofa , cupping her bottom as she wrapped her legs around Draco's muscled back .