9 | mood ruiner

Jade's Pov

I wake up to the sound of my annoying ass alarm clock and pray that it will shut the fuck up for once. I smack it and it shuts up but I still groan. I probably should get ready anyway; I get up after a couple minutes of lying there and head to my bathroom.

I wrote a small song last night, nothing special, for my singing class. It's just an extra class I do because I love singing but I'm mainly an English Major. I sigh as I brush my teeth in the bathroom, knowing I'll have to perform the short song for the class and face Ashley while doing it.

Why the fuck does she have to be in 2 of the same classes as me?

She's definitely going to know I'm talking about Clay and it annoys me even thinking about it.

I finish brushing my teeth and then take a shower, washing my hair and heading to my bedroom to get dressed. I dry my brown hair, brushing it out and letting it fall down my shoulders. It's not as chilly today, so I put on a pair of denim shorts with a long sleeve orange stripped shirt. I put on some white sneakers as well, white socks matching.

I rush out the door, grabbing my bag, guitar and phone, knowing my class is a 15 minute walk from my dorm

I rush out the door, grabbing my bag, guitar and phone, knowing my class is a 15 minute walk from my dorm. I walk in silence, taking in the morning air as I walk to my class.

I arrive at my class and walk in sitting in the fourth row, not too far away from the teacher but not too close.

After a couple minutes, a couple more students walk in and the teacher begins the class.

"Well class, today we're going to be presenting our 30-60 second short songs, I requested you guys do as practice" Mrs. Sanders begins then proceeds to say that we're getting another assignment like this one soon but that one will be graded. This assignment was for mere observation to see who was struggling.

She calls a few names to the front of the class and they sing they're short songs; some were really good and some not so much.

"Jade Florence" She calls my name and I grab my guitar out of my guitar bag, which was seated next to me as I begin to make my way down the rows to the front of the class.

My nerves get worse every step I take so I take a deep breath, sitting down on the stool next to the teacher. She smiles at me, making my nerves ease a bit, knowing she's a nice teacher.

I quickly repeat the string progression and lyrics I wrote just last night in my head, the lyrics I wrote about Clay. Right before I start we all hear some loud heels tap against the floor. I turn my head to see no one but daddy's girl herself, Ashley Gordon walk in.

I make brief eye contact with her and she glares at me, before taking her sweet time walking up the stairs, her loud heels disturbing the entire class. What a fucking brat. Doesn't she know timing or is she too stuck up for it?