"Obviously she cant if she is letting the mate bond deteriorate her health. Aurora, sooner or later you're going to have to forgive that boy. I know he hurt you but he didn't do it intentionally and personally I think he did the right thing. If he had touched you that young, I would have killed him and if he hadn't slept with those other females then anyone that was near you could have been killed."

As I was about to argue my father cut me off, "Yeah, yeah I've heard it all before I don't need to hear it again. Now, go get started. Because you missed a day things are backed up and you'll probably be staying late tonight."

******
I walk into my office to see about ten huge piles of papers stacked and ready for me. Sighing, I sit down and get to work. You see with normal businesses there would never be this much work to be done by the secretary just in one day. Well, this wasn't just any business.
My parents being the caring, do gooder types, that also have leopards that allow them to be in tune with nature, have their hands in so many pies it hard to keep up. Mainly, the business buys out land that is used for Animal reserves, for real animal not Weres. But they also have a part in forest conservation, meaning they buy out huge rainforest and such so it can't be cut down. They have recycling plants, and labs that experiment with things that can be done to stop O-zone erosion.
But don't think that's all that they do. They also give aid to mal-nourished children around the world by giving families homes, food, jobs or anything else they need. They have built top notch hospitals with the best doctors and equipment for these families, allowing them medical care for free. The hospital is run on the donations of the public.
Knowing everything they are doing makes me so proud of them. When I was little I used to come here all the time and I knew that I wanted to make a difference just like they did. They help so many lives and made such a difference for animals and humans.
What truly amazes me is that my childhood was never deprived of them. They did go away on business, yes, but they were always there for me. Through my childhood they were always at school plays, or my volleyball games. They raised me just as much as any other family. How they juggled it, I don't know, but I do know I will always love them for it.
******
It was around 10:30 at night when I finished clearing my desk of the mountains of documents, which had been printed on recycled paper. I was tired as hell but I didn't complain, knowing my parents would be here even later. Grabbing my things, I turned off the lights to my office and went to say goodbye to parents.

As I walked to the door I could hear murmuring, "I'm worried about her, Gina. How long is she going to reject her mate? You can see what it's doing to her physically and you can only imagine what it is doing to her mentally."

"It's our job to worry, dear. But I also know she will be fine. She is strong and stubborn but she's also smart. She knows what it's doing to her and most likely she's already having doubts about her plan." My mother said as she went to sit on my dad's lap. My dad wrapped his arms around her waist as she rested her head upon his shoulder.

Dad scoffed, "It's your fault, you know, for making her so stubborn." Mom chuckled.

"Yes, well, that's why you love us. You know you wouldn't want her any other way."

"You're right. I just hope this feud won't last much longer. I just want her to be happy." My father said sighing.

"I know, dear, I know."

******

As I head home I realize that maybe my parents and Layla are right. I had been holding this grudge against Lucian for so long. It hurt him, yeah, but was it worth the toll it was taking on me. Ever since I was little I have wanted what my parents have. I have wanted to see love shining through my mate's eyes and know that it would only be me who gets that look.
I pulled into my garage, shut the door and get out. Walking inside, I put down my stuff and start stripping. Placing my dirty clothes in laundry room, I walk upstairs to my bedroom in my birthday suit. I grab the phone and dial the number that has been branded into my memory for years now.

"Hello."

"Hey, Layla, you wanna come over and get chocolate wasted?" I say, smiling when I hear her voice.

"Girl, do you know what time it is?"

"Yeah, but your obviously awake. You never go to bed before two in the morning anyway."

"What if I am getting some nookie and you're interrupting?" She said. I could just imagine her hand on her hip and a smirk on her face as she says it.

"Then you wouldn't have answered the phone. So are you coming?"

"Yeah I am, but you better have some chocolate chip cookie dough or Imma cut you. I'll see you in about 20 minutes." Laughing, I hang up the phone and jump in the shower.

Too bad I finished off the cookie dough last night.

************************************************************************************************************************************************
So how did you guys like it?

Vote

Comment

Fan