Chapter 1

Please read! It's VERY important!

Hey, everyone! This book is about to go through a massive renovation. Though the characters will be the same, I will be stripping it down to the bare bones and building it back up again. For those who have already read it, I suggest you re-read it because there will be a lot of new content and you might not understand if you don't re-read. For any newcomers, I will be keeping the unedited chapters posted for the original readers; however, I suggest not reading the previous version because it will just confuse you. I will be adding a note at the beginning of every revised chapter so that you know which version is which until the story is completely updated. Thank you for your patience. 

P.S I have renamed the prologue and made it Chapter 1 because of all the information that was added to set up the story. Sorry if this confuses some. 

P.P.S (Lol, I can't leave you guys alone)I will be adding media to each chapter. These songs are songs that I listen to  to create a mood for myself. They don't necessarily reflect the content of the chapter, so don't take them too literally. 

Enjoy!

***********************************************************************************************
Revised

Chapter 1

13 years old

          I opened his front door slowly, my ears straining for any sound. I hadn't quite mastered using them yet. Lucien had tried to teach me, but I couldn't feel the "flow of magic" or whatever he called it. He said I would get it soon but I couldn't imagine how. Like all Were-animals hitting puberty, a supernatural trait became apparent once our human bodies began to mature. I'm not sure why the magic chose puberty as the best time to show itself. I mean, who wants to deal with cramps and have to smell blood, or smelly boys, or farts magnified by a thousand -- at the same time? But some lucky people, myself included, didn't start the transformation process with smell.

          Only the most popular students at Mrs. Kingsley's Academy for the Gifted had started their transformation with heightened hearing. If only, I could get my ears to work, I'm sure Kelsie would finally notice me.

          I transferred there about two weeks ago when my period started. My old principal didn't even question it, so used to his students being plucked away by Mrs. Kingsley. There are only about a hundred and fifty of us in Mrs. Kingsley's as a whole, which was surprising since the academy took in every Were-animal that had hit puberty in this region. One girl I met, Amber, said she had to travel a hundred miles to come to Mrs. Kingsley's. She stayed in the girl's dorm though since her parents weren't willing to move closer to Mrs. Kingley's.

          My mom says that not every Were-jaguar liked living in a communities of shifters like we do. I guess it's because their jaguar nature is stronger than their human one. Maybe those Weres get home schooled. I don't know how I would do it; I hate being alone.

          The sound of a fly buzzing in my ear pulls me from my thoughts. Shoot! What if Lucien hears it? Then my whole surprise is ruined!

"Shoo," I whispered frantically, as I tried to herd it out the door with my hands. "Shoo!"

          That's what I got for standing in the doorway trying to be a super spy. I sighed, giving up on the fly and focused on moving my feet just like he taught me. Toes pointed forward, I rolled my weight on the outer part of my foot before softly placing more weight on my heel. Once the foot is firmly planted, you slowly begin to shift most of your weight to that side and start the process over again with the other foot. For a more experienced super spy, that would be easy. For me, not so much.