The Prayer by Andrea Bocelli ft Katharine McPhee-Foster

I pray you'll be our eyes

And watch us where we go

And help us to be wise

In times when we don't know

Let this be our prayer

When we lose our way

Lead us to a place

Guide us with your grace

To a place where we'll be safe

La luce che tu hai

Nel cuore resterà

A ricordarci che

L'eterna stella sei

Nella mia preghiera

Quanta fede c'è

Lead us to a place

Guide us with your grace

Give us faith so we'll be safe

I smile to myself and cease singing once she's asleep, but don't notice that once again I have a crowd up on the balconies, as I sit on the fountain and hum to myself the rest of the song.

Third Person POV

"What happened to me?" Trudy asks Bray, unsure what happened or how long she'd been out.

"You had a fever, new mum's can get them sometimes, particularly if you're not in a sterile environment like a hospital," Bray tells her.

"And you thought I might die," Trudy assumes, and Bray nods.

"How long have you been here?" "I haven't left your side," Bray lies, deciding its better to do right now, "Didn't you notice?"

Trudy shakes her head. "Thank you for taking such good care of me."

"All I did was hold your hand," Bray corrects her, "It's not me you've gotta thank." "What do you mean?"

"Dal risked his neck to go to his father's old surgery in sector 8 to get the right antibiotics. Alleia had a different kind but they didn't help, but they slowed down the fever and infection, along with her paracetamol," Bray tells her, "Salene and Zandra helped change your sheets and clothes."

"Really?" Bray nods. "I barely know him and the girls."

"Don't worry about it too much, you and the baby are in good hands," he tells her.

"The baby," Trudy realises.

"Alleia's been looking after her with a bit of help from the girls. She's been amazing, even has a cot set up in her room so we didn't disturb you. She's got her in a carrier at the moment, and keeps her happy and sleeping so the others don't get cranky as well. I guess that's a good reason you made her godmother, so she could step up in case something like this happened," Bray tells her, smiling a bit. Trudy nods in response, because that's exactly why she chose her.

"I made the right choice, she'd be a great mum one day," she comments.

"I'll have her bring the baby up soon," Bray decides, going to get up, but Trudy was having none of it, wanting to keep Bray to herself.

"Not just yet! I-in a little while," she compromises, hoping she doesn't sound too suspicious. She was in no way eager to have the responsibility of the baby back, and she wasn't eager to see the baby either, or hold her.