Chapter 56 (edited)

Start from the beginning

I shook my head. "I'm not promising anything."

He paused and looked at me, I could tell he was looking at my eye. "Stop looking at my eye!" I shoed him away.

"Ah! Sorry!" He ran passed me.

The room was quiet and still as the door closed.

The emotion inside me.. the storm. Oh my god, I was so angry I wanted to break something. I started chuckling and started pacing back and forth.

"You know.." He was almost inaudible.

I laughed. "Yeah. I know. So tell me." I stopped and looked at him.

"No.." He shook his head.

"Tell me."

"No."

"Roy.."

"No."

"PLEASE! GOD! TELL ME!" I begged.

He shook his head. "I won't tell you while you're like this. Not while you're this angry at me."

"I'm not angry Roy."

He nodded. "But you are. I don't have to see you to know that you're so angry you wanna break something."

I sat on the edge of his bed. "Please.. just tell me.." I spoke softly.

He stubbornly shook his head.

I sat back, closing my eyes. My anger had bubbled over into tears, great! "Roy... I love you so much... words cannot describe." I sighed. "Please tell me. It's killing me."

I watched the emotion on his face, like hurt, almost like he wanted to cry. "No... you're angry and I'm afraid."

"What are you afraid of?!" I stood up.

He opened his mouth but quickly closed it again, completely at a loss of words.

"Well?!"

"You're angry! You'll leave!" He yelled at me, suddenly finding his voice again.

And suddenly everything made sense. Here we are, back on the topic of me leaving. He's not angry about me leaving, this time he's afraid of me leaving.

"I'm afraid that you'll be so angry you won't want to see me anymore! That you'll stop loving me!" He took a breath.

"How could you think that?" I was baffled. "All you have to do is talk."

Silence fell between us.

Unbearable silence.

I stood with tears in my eyes. The amount of love I had for this individual is not measurable, and it killed me that he's afraid to tell me the truth.

I shook my head. "Fine." I shrugged. "Fine, then I'll just believe what I was afraid of, that you stopped loving me."

He shook his head. "No."

"That you got tired of me. That you were fed up."

"No."

"That I was a bother."

"You know that's not true Hunter.."

"Yeah?" I titled my head. "How do I know? Hmm? You're not telling me the truth, so obviously I don't know anything!." I held my arms out.

"You know I love you!"

"How?! How do I know that?!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. "Tell me?! How do I know that?!"