Chapter 97

The release of the group interview video created a small earthquake in the fans circle. Many players and people who worked in the esports business shared the Weibo post on their own. In a very short period of time, the post was shared more than ten thousand times. The responses varied.

My idol said it well. Though we call him hubby all the time, everyone has his or her own life. To like a person should be to wish him a good life, right?

Liking can be presumptuous, but love should be with restraint.

How the hell is there any correlation between falling in love and playing a good game or not? Huh?!

Let me be frank, those fans who harassed Ai Jia's girlfriend should be taught a lesson. What does the couple's relationship have anything to do with you?

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha, well said. My Cheng Ge has a proper outlook on life. Those fans who hang around the gates of club bases every day to stalk the players should know their limits.

These were the comments that agreed with Lu Sicheng's statement.

I understand what he said. But they're paid so well, shouldn't they just play well when they're competing? Certainly, you can argue that we're not the ones paying them.

I can't accept the player I like having a girlfriend. Though I know it'll happen sooner or later, I'll stop being his fan when it happens.

Can't accept Cheng Ge having a girlfriend, it's as simple as that.

Oh, it doesn't matter. If you have a girlfriend, I'll just stop being your fan.

Even if the girlfriend is Marilyn Monroe, I'll still be against it to the end. Certainly if she died early like Marilyn Monroe, then nevermind. You're welcome to call me a moron, I am one!!!!!

.........I understand everything. But all of you who stand on the stage don't really know anything about the humble love of us fans? Come closer to the stage and stay further away from your personal life? It's too selfish to say those words.

These were in opposition to Lu Sicheng's words.

There were some others that seemed to have missed the point--

Damn, damn, damn, my Cheng Ge has someone he likes, ahhhhhh! This is the damn point, my friends!

I don't believe Cheng Ge could like a human being :) I don't believe it.

Cheng Ge, you're either streaming at base or in the arena playing competitions every day and at your base, everyone except Smiling is male, even the cockroach is male. Where can you find a girl you like!

You're just talking nonsense with a straight face.

Unless you have something going on with Smiling, otherwise the other possibility would be that support who always takes your siege minion or red buff.

Reading what was said above, I suddenly have the feeling that the fact that Smiling is still alive is powerful proof in itself that Cheng Ge likes her.

......

......

Riding inside the bus on the way back to the base, Tong Yao read every comment under the post of that interview video. Then she suddenly noticed one which had only a few dozen like--

Have a Cheng-Yao candy today. I know they've been paired together before, but I still want to say: When Cheng Ge was saying the last sentence, his right hand went under the tablecloth. At the same time, Smiling's hand was also under the table. Cheng Ge's hand moved a bit, so, what have you two been doing?

Tong Yao gasped and her hand shook, dropping her phone onto her lap.

Tong Yao turned to take a look at the last row in the back of the bus. Her captain was curled up in the corner, soundly asleep with a team sweater covering his face. Tong Yao stood up and walked over. With one hand resting on the back of the seat next to Lu Sicheng's head to support herself, Tong Yao used her other hand to lift up the sweater on his face. Disturbed, Lu Sicheng opened his eyes in irritation. After he recognized the face in front of him, his facial expression softened immediately.

Lu Sicheng looked around and noticed that everyone, except the driver, was asleep.

Then he lifted his hand to pull Tong Yao's loose hair behind her ear rather intimately and asked in a low voice: "What's wrong?"

Tong Yao lifted her cell phone and made sure the comment of the esports Sherlock Holmes was right in the center of her phone screen, then silently put it in front of him for him to see.

Lu Sicheng quickly glanced at it then laughed: "Really something."

Tong Yao: "........Hrm?"

Really something?

What kind of reaction was that?

"This person's quite observant, almost got found out."

Lu Sicheng took over Tong Yao's cell phone and clicked a like under the comment. Tong Yao hissed and hurriedly grabbed the phone back to undo the like. She stared at Lu Sicheng. Lu Sicheng indifferently pulled Tong Yao into the seat next to him and lazily asked: "What are you so nervous about?"

Tong Yao sat down with legs crossed then started to read all the comments from his fans, both approving and disapproving ones. After she was done reading, she paused for a moment before saying: "Now you know why I don't want to go public?"

Lu Sicheng: ?

Tong Yao: "Once it goes public, your highness will lose half his domain."

Lu Sicheng: "Oh."

Lu Sicheng: "Then why do you think I would agree not to go public?"

Tong Yao wanted to say because of half of your domain, but seeing the spurious expression on his face that seemed to goad her to announce it, Tong Yao stopped herself from saying that. She shook her head and said that she didn't know.

"It's because I'm afraid that some crazy fans might throw mud on you." Lu Sicheng said flatly: "Not playing well during competitions because you're busy in a relationship, or not surprising that women only knew those things, or questioning your motive for playing professionally in the first place."

"I don't care."

"I care." Lu Sicheng said firmly: "Though it may not happen like that and even if it happens, I'm confident we can slap those people's faces with our performance. It's still quite bothersome just thinking about it. You like to read gossip to begin with and would probably be troubled by all those posts. I was debating whether I should be with you or not before because of this concern. After all, I would be the first one to step out and voice my objection if any of our other teammates came out and confessed to you."

Lu Sicheng paused and continued without much expression: "Then I would coldly warn that person: Don't bother her, she's here to play well for her professional career."