Chapter 32

Lu Sicheng's news conference stirred another wave of discussion. Those who voiced doubts about what really had happened began to top the nasty comments about Lu Yue. After the public calmed down, they began to analyze the information presented in the stream. Lu Sicheng's responses during the stream in the afternoon were cut into short clips by fans and others to be uploaded onto other media platforms. People started doing detective work on his choice of words. Some even perceived his dissatisfaction at the current esports environment simply by the tone of a random word. It was interpreted as his annoyance at society's bias towards the esports.

Tong Yao laughed at Lu Sicheng. With just one stream, Lu Sicheng had become the Lu Xun of the esports world.

However, her laughter didn't last long. When she went on to check Tieba, she soon discovered that whenever someone said, "It's Smiling who put the video up," there would be a reply: Wait for the picture.

Then, a gif of Tong Yao standing on the chair, pulling up her sleeves, and spitting out chips would appear. There was even captions next to the picture: Go to hell, do you think I'm from FBI!

Watching her own meme, she lost whatever energy she had to laugh at Lu Sicheng.

Before they went to bed that night, Xiao Rui and the other staff members finally had their official announcement ready to post. Everyone, under the instruction of Xiao Rui, went on their own Weibo accounts to repost it.

After the truth was released, with members of the team reposting onto their own sites, public opinion gradually turned to their favor. Their fans flocked behind them. Some began questioning team JK, questioning whether those rich kids were corrupting the esports circle. Though some would argue that Lu Yue had better ways to handle the situation, like calling the police, there were others defending him: Has there been a young man who hasn't gotten into a fight? Besides, JK started the whole incident.

By the time Tong Yao took a shower and crawled onto bed, the issue was still a hot topic online but it wasn't as toxic as it had been in the afternoon. People were posting on CK's official Weibo site accusing them. CK's official site was forced to come out to release a statement: Team JK was sold a long time ago and it has nothing to do with the CK team.

CK also came out clean. This incident had finally come to an end. Tong Yao cuddled inside the blanket to view all the comments on Tieba. She lamented that today was the first time in her life that she was part of the center of a storm and all those people who were the target of discussion were all living around her.

It was quite something to be part of the esports world.

She yawned and put down her cell phone after her fat cat walked over her for the third time. She let Dabing under the blanket, then closed her eyes and fell asleep quickly.

......

Next day around noon, Little Fatty, in an unprecedented event, was up early. What's more surprising was that he personally cooked lunch for everyone at the base: curry with chicken, beef, and potato, which didn't require much cooking skill.

As an overweight person, the only thing Little Fatty could think of as compensation for all the trouble he had caused to the team yesterday was to cook a meal for everyone. This was what Tong Yao guessed. Though, she felt that Little Fatty had suffered enough after being deducted of 3 months' salary plus bonus as punishment for his rash action. It was very possible that for the next few months he had to rely on the other teammates to donate some food to him when they ordered out.

"I volunteer to donate a braised chicken rice bowl for 15 days." Tong Yao said.

"It's alright." Little Fatty, who was wearing an apron and busy preparing the ingredients for the curry, answered even without turning his head, "I deserved it."