Ramsley

Ramsley was a sophisticated chief servant and father figure of Edward Gracey, the master of the Mansion

Ramsley was a sophisticated chief servant and father figure of Edward Gracey, the master of the Mansion. However, he uses the relationship to manipulate Edward.When Edward fell in love with a black woman named Elizabeth Henshaw, Ramsley, being a racist, saw this as a "disgrace". In an attempt to prevent Edward from abandoning his home and lineage, Ramsley murdered Eiizabeth by poisoning her drink, making it appear as suicide via poison. However, Ramsley did not expect that the loss of his beloved would devastate Edward into following suit and hanging himself. Upon Edward's death, a curse was cast over the mansion: Until Elizabeth and Edward's spirits were reunited, none of the inhabitants' ghosts could pass over to the High Heavens.Years later, Jim Evers, a real estate agent, and his family were lured to Gracey Manor, as Jim's wife Sara was the spitting image of Elizabeth, and Ramsley believed that she could satisfy his master's loneliness, and they could at last move on.Jim and his kids, Megan and Michael, manage to discover the truth behind Elizabeth's "suicide," but Ramsley appears and reveals his crime which he committed as he believed Edward and Elizabeth's relationship was deemed unacceptable due to Elizabeth herself being a woman of color. He locks the kids in a chest and throws Jim Evers out of the mansion so they can't tell Edward the truth. Meanwhile, Sara is confronted by Edward. He believes that she is Elizabeth's reincarnation, but she denies him and runs away in terror. Edward begins to doubt that this is his lover reborn, but Ramsley assures him that Sara is Elizabeth, and tells his master to prepare for his long-awaited wedding. The butler then blackmails Sara into agreeing to the marriage by threatening Megan and Michael.At the wedding, Ramsley plays the part of the priest, and puts poison into the ceremonial wine, in order to kill Sara. At the last second, after freeing the kids from the chest, Jim shows a letter to Edward from Elizabeth with the promise of marriage.