𝓟𝓻𝓸𝓵𝓸𝓰𝓾𝓮

3rd person POV

3rd person POV

𝓐 large group of white and gold carriages trailed in a line, each carrying different members of the Irish royal family and their supporting servants and lady's, approaching the french royal court.

In the first carriage, sat the middle daughter of the family, Sadie, at the age of 9, and the newly born baby Madelina with one of the many nurses and nannies that the children had.

In the second, an 10 year old Alexander, 11 year old James sat, pretending to fight one another with toy soldiers.

The two sat along with the eldest of the family, analease , at the age 17, whom looked as though she was blissfully reading a book, but instead was trying to ignore her nerves for the up and coming event they were travelling to.

The carriages were full of maids, servants, family members, luggage and all in between, and yet each of the children sat without a parent, even the five month old, who was stuck relying on strangers to care for her.

It had only been a short time since the Irish queen had passed on the night of her youngest child's death, only getting to hold the child once before she passed, leaving a king with not only a kingdom to rule but their nine children to live and care for alone.

Of course he wasn't truly alone, he had his sister whom was widowed with no children of her own to help care for the children, along with hundreds and hundreds of servants, yet the man always opted to do as much with the children he could, even if the lords of the court frowned upon it.

The children were on their way to France, to meet the eldest daughters fiancé for the first time, and to attend the French heirs birthday event.

Inside the third of the carriages sat two young children at the age of 8, one snuggled into her elder brother henry's side, clutching her small doll to her side, while the other, was trying to cut the dolls hair with the small dagger he had stolen from one of their other brothers, James.

Their elder sister, Charlotte, at the age of 15, caught onto what Sirius was trying to do to his twins doll as the girl slept peacefully and grabbed onto the dagger and started to scold him.

"Sirius! What are you doing!?? Where did you get this?? Was it James?? What is wrong with you?!??"

The elder girls screeching caught the attention of her own twin, who was beforehand in a daze, staring out at the scenery, and who was now grabbing onto the dagger and pulling it away from the boys grip.

"You are such an idiot Sirius" Henry stated calmly while hitting him on the back of the head gently, causing the young boy to turn to him and scowl.

The youngest in the carriage finally awoke to all of the screaming, rubbing her eyes as she slowly sat up to find her sister red in the face from rage, her twin scowling at her and her brothers direction and Henry holding a small dagger in his hands, fiddling with it as he allowed his twin to deal with the situation.

"Charlotte?" The young girl said quietly with furrowed eyebrows and a frown, wondering why she looked so mad, although it wasn't much of a surprise as she was irritated quite easily and was always getting into a rage.

This question only made her sister more angry at the boy, now for waking his sister up, and so the girl started throwing another load of yells and scoldings in the boys direction.

"Look what you've done now! She was sleeping peacefully and you've woken her up!"

"You woke her up" the young boy grumbled quietly.

"What was that!? She's going to be tired now! You should have just gone to sleep like I said!! James is in such trouble when i see him!"

The younger girl, still confused on what had actually happened, sat up from her position and looked up at her elder brother, silently asking him to explain.

Henry seemed to catch this look and muttered down to her over all of the screaming coming from his twin; "James gave him a dagger, he was trying to cut your dolls hair with it"

Upon hearing this the eight year old shot up and jumped onto her twin, and angry scowl on her face, and begun hitting him and pulling on his hair.

The brunette girl across from them screamed in frustration at the two and sent an annoyed look towards her twin.

Upon receiving the look the twin gave out a tired sigh, and turned to the young children and pulled Arabella up by the waist and held her by him, as the elder girl grabbed Sirius.

The two younger children scowled at each other, struggling for a moment before both calmed down realising they couldn't get free.

This is going to be a long journey.

Amy is actually so cute I can't 🥺

I feel like this prologue is sucky but tbh I don't think I would be able to write any better so this is gonna do for now.

I had the sudden urge to finish this prologue and post it so this is being posted earlier than I was gonna be so your welcome for that :))

There is gonna be two parts to this because otherwise it would be way too long and it would annoy me.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed it or whatever bye now 👋

Words: 933