I glared at her, our eyes locking for a moment as I shook my head. "Do better." I demanded, pushing myself to my feet. "Do better and the things you've done can be remedied. But keep acting like this," I snapped, "And you'll lose us all."

Octavia's eyes fell downward, unable to look at me as I turned to leave. I was upset over how much she had changed. I had expected it, but it hurt nonetheless. 

Just as I was about to round the corner of the tent, something told me to turn around. That something was a pact Octavia and I had made when we were teenagers-that we would be friends until the day we die. 

Looking back now, it was an irrational pact to make. So much had changed since we made the deal, but something in me refused to forget about it. 

So, with an exasperated sigh, I turned sharply on my heel and returned to where she was still sitting. 

Silently, I stuck my hand out in front of her. Octavia raised her head, her eyes hovering on my hand for a moment before she placed her hand into my own. 

I pulled her up from the ground, and instantly she pulled me into a tight hug. "I'm glad you're okay." she whispered, her tough demeanour cracking. 

Wrapping my arms around her, I gave a small nod. "I'm glad you're okay, too." I mumbled. Whatever 'okay' meant these days. 

Pulling away, I looked back toward the main part of camp. "We should go find the others." I advised. "We'll be heading out soon."

She gave me a small nod, her face hardening once again as was made our way toward the centre where the troops were preparing to mobilize. 

My eyes landed on a figure who I hadn't seen in six years, and instantaneously I made my way toward him. 

As Octavia and I approached, Miller's face lit up slightly as his eyes landed on me. I gave him a warm smile as we neared. 

In all of the chaos, I had yet to greet him. 

"Avery, so good to see you." he greeted, pulling me into a quick hug. 

"You too, Miller. I missed you." I grinned as we pulled apart from one another. 

I gave Miller's hand a quick squeeze as I addressed the small group. "We need to get moving." I declared. "McCreary has Raven and Shaw, and I don't even want to imagine what he'll do to get them to unlock those missiles."

"I thought you said Clarke was handling that?" Octavia wondered. 

I looked over, giving her a small nod. "She is. But I'd rather not let missiles tell us she failed."

"What's left of the first battalion is ready." Miller announced, all the happiness in his eyes from the previous moment now gone, replaced only by determination. 

Brell, the Sangeda representative nodded. "The Commander's army is ready too."

"Good." I commented in approval, pushing down the nerves that were clawing to get out. 

"We're all the Commander's army now." Indra declared, she and Bellamy joining the group of us. Octavia gave her a sideways glance, clearly alluding to some tension between them. 

I looked over to Bellamy, slightly raising my brows. "So where is the Commander?"

He let out a small sigh as he nodded toward the med tents. "She's worried." he whispered, only loud enough so I could hear. 

I gave a small nod as I turned toward the tent, knowing that Madi needed to be ready to lead her people. With no concrete plan set in place, we were all going to die.