"Sounds perfect," I say to Lucy before giving her a small smile. "We will see you then."

Brooklyn and Lucy head toward the parking lot while Kristie grabs Pia's ball and kicks it toward the field.

"Want to help me warm up for my game today? I think you're better than your mommy so I want you to help me."

I give Kristie a smirk followed by an offended expression before watching the two run toward the center of the field. Their smiles and laughs are so catching, that I can't help but do the same. Kristie has really taken Pia under her wing and truly treats her like she's her own. I've always held off in relationships the past few years because I have a kid, I never wanted to put that pressure on someone else. But with Kristie, she was always willing to help out and be there. Not only for me, but for Pia too.

Looking at the clock, I see thirty minutes have gone by in the blink of an eye. Standing up off the ground I grab my blanket and wallet before walking onto the field a little. Motioning for the ball, Kristie crosses it over the field and I settle it down before I do a rainbow and kick it into the back of the next.

"Babe! What the hell was that!"

"Kristie, watch your mouth!"

Her face goes red as Pia comes to stand next to me with the ball.

"Ooooo," Pia says running her hands together. "Mommy I think Kristie needs to go to timeout and put a dollar in the sweat jar."

"We don't have a swear jar."

"It's in my pocket, duh mommy."

Rolling my eyes I pull her into a hug as Kristie comes up to us, and we all walk to the car.

"Alright little love," I say as I unlock the car and open the back door. "Hop on in. We have to head home before meeting Brooklyn and Ms. Lucy."

She looks at me before looking toward Kristie, and she immediately wraps her arms around Kristie's legs, looking up toward her with puppy dog eyes.

"Do you have to go? Can you please come to eat with us?"

"I will see you before you know it, I have to go get ready for my game. You can come on the field after it's over okay? And then we can have a movie night."

"Babe, you spent all week with us, you are more than welcome to hang out with the team ton-"

"Lex stop. I wouldn't say that if I didn't want to, I promise."

She pulls me into a hug and kisses my temple before picking up Pia and spinning her in a circle. She buckled her into her seat and gave her a kiss on the head.

"Be good for mommy alright? I'll see you later."

Shutting the door she kisses my forehead and runs her hands through my hair.

"I'll see you later, I love you."

"Love you more."

—————————————

"And the Houston Dash win! The final score 3-1, have a great night everyone!"

Smiling over at my daughter, her eyes are glued to the field, not ever taking her eyes off the team she adores and looks up to. I'm torn away from her when I see Brooklyn and Lucy stand up, about to walk away.

"Brooklyn! Before you go, who is your favorite player? Maybe we can have them sign that Jersey of yours."

Her eyes grow wide and her jaw drops open and she jumps frantically next to her mom. As her favorite player, Shea Groom walks toward her, she almost cries at the sight. They spent a couple of minutes together before they say their goodbyes, and Lucy looks over at me with a smile.

"Thank you, you truly made her day and mine. See you next Wednesday at practice!"

As the two walk off, I wave goodbye and then reattach my eyes to Pia's.

"Did you have a good time?" I asked nudging her shoulder to get her attention.

"Yeah! An awesome time! But I am a little tired."

"Well tonight we can watch a movie and you can pick. But why don't we see if Kri-"

"Hey little P, do you want to come on the field and sign stuff with me?"

Kris immediately grabs mine and Pia's attention, and Pia nods her head rapidly.

"Not for too long alright P? We have to get home and eat some dinner."

"Okay mommy," she says as she places her head in the crook of Kristie's neck and rests her eyes.

"She's pretty tired, she might fall asleep on you."

"That's okay, I don't mind. I won't be long, maybe another five minutes or so. Want to head down to the tunnel and I'll meet you there?"

Nodding my head at the two, they walk off toward center field while I head down towards the tunnel. Showing my badge to security, I walk in and make my way toward the field, standing on the edge behind goal.

I pull out my phone to pass the time and talk with my mom a little, not paying any attention to my surroundings. Before long I feel a tap on my shoulder, with Kristie standing next to me and my sleeping daughter in her arms.

"You already showered? How long was I standing here? I'm sorry you should've brought her to me so she wasn't such a hassle."

"Babe it's fine, really. We went in the tunnel I think even before you got down here. She fell asleep almost instantly. I laid her down on my bad in front of my locker while I showered, she didn't even move. No worries at all, now let's head home."

Taking her bag from her hand, we walk side by side in silence listening to Pia's soft snores. As the cool breeze hits me, my face turns into a smile as I look at the stars and the moon brightly above us.

Placing Pia in her car seat, I gently shut the door and look at Kristie, wrapping my arms around her.

"How's the ankle? You took kind of a hard hit near the end of the game there."

Looking down I notice the ice wrapped around it, falling slightly.

"I feel fine, nothing a good nights sleep won't heal. You don't need to worry about me."

"That's my job superstar, get used to it," I say pecking her lips a couple of times.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" I say pulling myself apart a little so I can look into her eyes.

"What happened to movie night?"

"Kris I want you to enjoy the night with your friends, really. You have spent so much time with Pia and I lately and I am forever grateful for that, and I never want that to stop. But I want you to still be you."

"I know love, and I appreciate that. But tonight, I am all yours and you're not changing my mind."

She kisses me slowly before pulling apart, touching her forehead against mine.

"Race ya home? First one outside the apartment door gets a back rub."

"You're on."

Before she's even five steps away I'm in my car and pulling out of my spot.

Better luck next time babe.

——————————

I know it's been forever, I suck I'm sorry. This is also kinda bad so I apologize. Leave comments with what you want to see!