Unexpected Result

(Y/N)'s POV

Our ship floated on the dark, lonely sea. As we got closer to 11:00, more and more people began to gather. The café, which had been completely silent, started to fill up with people. Eventually, the place was packed. I secured four seats well ahead of time. A lone girl approached me.

Karuizawa: Sorry to keep you waiting.

Karuizawa Kei approached me rather meekly. Something about her expression seemed different.

(Y/N): Sorry for calling you so late.

Karuizawa: No, it's okay.

Since I didn't really have anything to talk to her about, I silently gazed at the nighttime scenery and checking the time on my phone. However, Karuizawa looked as if she had wanted to ask me something. I glanced at her.

(Y/N): Something on your mind?

Karuizawa: Ah, um. I was just wondering if everything really went okay.

(Y/N): Of course. I'm positive that one of the guys from Class A sent the school an email with my name.

I'd had one more piece of insurance up my sleeve, besides the double phone swap. But because I'd laid my plans well, there was likely nothing to worry about.

Karuizawa: Why are you so sure about that?

Hirata: I'm guessing you're talking about that piece of paper you gave me. Right, (L/N)-kun?

Hirata's approach from behind made Karuizawa jump in shock. Well, that was understandable. After all, they "broke up" with each other not long time ago.

Hirata: Excellent work on this test, both of you. May I sit?

(Y/N): Help yourself out.

Karuizawa shifted in her seat, clearly uncomfortable, but didn't show any sign that she would refuse him.

Hirata checked at the time. It was 10:55 p.m.

Hirata: It's just about time. Is Horikita-san still not here? Shouldn't we contact her?

(Y/N): She's the type to come at the very last second. Ah, speaking of which, there she is...

Apparently, Horikita had arrived earlier than I'd expected.

Horikita: Ahh. When I see you people, I can't help but sigh.

(Y/N): 'Umm... Y-You're not referring to me right?'

I then noticed that there's someone behind Horikita.

(Y/N): Hey, who's that behind you?

Horikita: Ignore him. Think of him as a ghost that attached itself to my back.

(Y/N): Ah, I see.

Sudou: Aw, come on. Don't say that, Horikita. I just thought you might be nervous during the test, so I was worried about you. That's why I came to check on you.

Sudou Ken. I hadn't seen him for several days. He stood so close to Horikita that they were practically attached. Surprisingly, it did irritated me.

Horikita: I don't need another annoying concerns from you. One person for that is enough.

She shot me a glance.

(Y/N): 'Okay, this time you looked at me.'

Sudou: What, who!?

Horikita: And also. You're in the way. Get lost.

Sudou: H-hey, don't say that. I gave this test everything I had, you know.