✔Chapter XI - The big day of Marriage

Start from the beginning

"Well, I stand my ground. I have no ill intentions towards you or your prince or any of your dragonspeople. I was sent here to marry the prince and to be honest we both know that neither the prince nor I are willing to be in this marriage alliance." She said and Master Valentine gave her a sad smile.

"Yet, you have to be." He said and Seraphina frowned at him.

"Because it is not you whose wishes are considered here, it is the survival of the human nation. If you refuse the marriage we will revoke the treaty and within a few minutes the entire human species will be gone."

Seraphina stood up with her fists clenched and her eyes blazing, "That's what you can do anyways! Kill the weak then may it be women, children or old, you just get rid of everyone in your way without any mercy."

"That is the rule of the world, princess. The strongest survive over the blood of weak."

"Shove your rule up the horse's behind!" Master Valentine's eyebrows quirked up as Seraphina said that.

"Now, that you know very well about us, why don't we have a little discussion about you. We haven't truthfully met, right? May I know who you are and why you are here in stead of the human princess?" He asked with his face having a grim serious expression.

"I am the human princess-" She instisted.

"Don't lie anymore." He spoke sternly and she clenched her jaw, seeing that there was no other way Seraphina plopped back down on the chair.

"You are right, I am not the human princess, but before you draw any conclusions I'll ask you to listen to everything I have to say till the very end and then decide." She said and then started from the very start, from how she was assigned a job of taking down the traffickers in Hakov and then her father's decision of marrying her off. She told him about the seal and with the flow she added her own feelings of being in a helpless state herself but how her friends managed to get her confidence back and how they planned to escape but their plan failed and they had to go along. She told him about the bandit attack where the exchange of brides took place and his eyebrows lifted on the part when she told him about her experience here in the dragon palace.

She elaborated on the attack in the Lotus Garden and Master Valentine heard patiently till she was finally finished and he removed his steepled fingers from before his mouth. His eyes seemed to be distant as if trying to find some lie in whatever story that Seraphina had given him. He stayed quiet for a long time before his eyes shifted from the free space and traveled to meet hers.

"You are a wizard from the Firenation." He regarded and she nodded.

"I'd heard the rumors about the Flame Queen but, I never expected to see her in flesh." He said and Seraphina eyed him, she was sitting on the edge of her seat, waiting.

"I have heard to everything you had to say, and I also consider human nation's innocence in this matter, yet, you being a wizard increases my suspicions all the more about the future." He said making Seraphina frown.

"But I told you I can't use my flames and because of that I won't cause any damage here." She retaliated.

"That isn't the point here." He said, "You being a wizard will cause problems, regardless of you being able to use magic or not. Moreover, with you being here also brings peril to your nation, however you see it, it will be seen as the Firenation's plan to stop the alliance between human nation and the dragons. You will try to shout out your truth before them yet, I doubt they'd believe you." He said and she clenched the armrests.

"But you know it, I've told you everything."

"I'm finding it hard to believe you myself." He said and Seraphina felt like every nerve in her brain would explode.