Chapter 1: Lone Wolf - part 1

As Maddy and I were watching a movie we heard a rustling noise. I turned to Maddy she gave me a knowing look and we both got up to check on what had made the noise. We walk around to the side of the house and peaked around the corner there wasn't anything directly there but the rustling started once again so we continued on. As we neared the noise we nodded to one another then quietly jumped out. A wolf feasting a of piece of meat, another trying get out from the den.

Maddy and I knew exactly what we had to do. The wolf looked at us and growled Maddy shouted "get back inside," "now!" I exclaimed we took steps closer to the wolf; Maddy going towards the left and myself towards the right. The wolf growled once again as if trying to scare us off. It went left but Maddy moved in front of it before it could escape then tried going to the right but I was already there blocking it's path. As we walk towards it the wolf started moving back. We just had to make sure it got back in the den. The wolf was close to slipping it growled once again as a last attempt but both mine and Maddy's eyes had turned yellow and we growled right back, it moved back and fell in we ran towards the door, another wolf jumped up and Maddy hit it on the nose with her shoe which I didn't even realise she took off, then we looked inside three wolves were staring back at us. We hurriedly closers the doors and Maddy shoved a plank of wood through handles.

————————————————————-/

The next morning Maddy and I got ready for school and came downstairs. We went in the back room towards the den door and Maddy opened it. Walking down stairs Maddy grabs the keys and opened the den door and went inside. In there were three adults Maddy's mum and dad and my mum. "I think that chicken was off" mr smith said as he rubbed his stomach, "can't believe you three, breaking out and raiding the bins" Maddy said as I shook my head in mock disappointment. "Oh mam!" Maddy exclaimed in annoyance as I looked over Maddy was holding a chewed up shoe the one I presume she hit her mum on the nose with.
"You always say how we have to stay hidden from humans, and never give into our wolf selves" Maddy rambled on as we all followed her toward the kitchen "the moment you get a chance you're out of the cellar and away!" she said frustratingly.

Her parents explain to her that the pull of the moon is very strong and that she doesn't understand yet and Maddy certainly didn't agree as she had called her parents hypocrites and said that she wouldn't be like them. Mrs smith looks between me and Maddy and says "Actually your dads not the only who's been eating things shouldn't, is she?" She opens the bin and the popcorn and sweet packets we had yesterday were sitting in there. My mum gives me a stern look and adds "Kira I thought me talked about this," I smiled nervously. "Yes. And you were still dressed when you came outside, young ladies" mr smith admitted "oh really?" mum questioned . Maddy and I looked at one another and quickly rushed towards the door and made the excuse of being late for school. Before I left I heard Maddy's mum say "oh! and don't go hitting me on the nose again." I looked behind me Maddy had wellington boots on. I laughed and she told me to shut up.

————————————————————/

When we arrived at school I split off from Maddy and went towards my friends Megan and Miracle. (Megan had ginger hair and brown eyes and Miracle is a dark skinned girl with braids and dark brown eyes). We talked for a while and Miracle gave me her science homework so I could copy it cause I didn't do it at home.  Megan turns to me and says whilst sniggering, "have you seen what shoes Maddy's wearing," I shrugged as I turned to look at Maddy. Other kids were also laughing some more blatantly than others and Jimi and his little crew were from the looks of it they were making fun of her. I didn't bother to intervene and continued coping Miracles work.

————————————————————-/

I was walking to the lockers with Megan and she was talking about how she had a karaoke night with her dad, stepmother and stepsister while going through her locker. " It was so much fun you should have seen my dad using the karaoke machine he was horrible" she laughed. I had put what I needed it my locker and kept on listening to Megan, (what's that smell I thought it's familiar it kind of smells like mum or Maddy's parents) I turned to see if I could tell where is was coming from and I saw Maddy with Shannon and Tom and Mr Jeffries. Oh it's probably just Maddy. I then went back to listening to Megan talk.