chapter ten

"Thank you, Armitage" you spoke softly as you sat down on the chair Hux had pulled out for you.

Meeting you with a wide smile, Hux swiftly removed his coat and settled into the seat next to you, angling himself to face you.

"Forgive me for my rudeness before, it was inconsiderate to snap in front of a lady" his brows pulled together slightly as he poured out two glasses of water, sliding one to you.

"It's fine, I don't mind! I've heard worse" you assured him, slightly confused.

Did the man not see Kylo basically ripping my hair out?

"I'm sure you have, I don't believe it's necessary for a woman like you to experience such things though" he explained, pushing his shoulders backwards as he spoke.

"A woman like me?" you questioned.

"You're a very beautiful woman, you could make men worship the very ground you walk upon"

Okay so this one is crazy too, good to know.

"I wouldn't go that far, but thank you" you could feel the heat creeping up your face as a soft blush settled across your cheeks.

"You're very welcome" sending a wink your way he turned towards the table to retrieve some paperwork and your heart nearly popped out of your chest, you couldn't remember the last time someone had genuinely complimented you just for the sake of it, and it felt good.

These First Order men don't fuck around, huh...

"I know you must be overwhelmed, but I thought maybe I could explain this a bit better to you, if you would like to hear it?" Hux offered, a small stack of paper in his hands.

"This?" your mind was already overloaded from everything you took in the past few hours, and now you had to listen to more? ugh

A breathy laugh left Hux as he angled himself towards you slightly, eyes almost staring right through your own.

"If you weren't already informed, you've been recruited by The First Order as we believe you may be great value to us and our vision, and most definitely my own" a smirk pulled at his lips as his eyes traveled over your frame "of course, that is if you don't mind"

Hot and respectful. 

"Go on" you mumbled, a flush working its way across your face again.

-

Hux spent the next hour or so taking you through all of the paperwork he had brought with him, ensuring that you understood everything he was saying and taking it in. You were convinced at this point that you would fair better here for a while than going back to your old life, possibly fueled along by the compliments that Hux was showering you in.

"I mean, do I still get to drink wine and cry in the bath tub here, or?"

Hux burst into laughter at your comment, crinkles by the corner of his eyes giving you a sense of happiness.

"You're so funny, I wish I knew you sooner" he giggled, smoothing his hair away from his face.

"I do to Armitage, I feel like you're going to be a great person to be around" you smiled back.

"Well if you're sticking around, I guess we should get to know each other?" he questioned, head tilting to the side as he gave you a warm look.

You were never good at making friends or even managing to get people to like you, so it was a bit of a shock to have someone show so much interest in you all of a sudden, even more so to ask to get to know you.