chapter seven

After you had, awkwardly, finished your breakfast and cleaned yourself up you ended up standing in the bathroom completely bare.

Realising you had nothing to change into you groaned, walking to the bed and flopping in your towel. As if to annoy you further, Kylo walked into the room and just stood there, staring.

A few moments went by and you began to worry, what if he's going to kill you?

Oh no, you got way too comfortable.

Sudden fear shot through you and you jumped up, running for the door. You should have known better.

You were so close, a few feet away from the door at most, and of course his arm shot out and caught you. You thrashed around, cussing at him while you tried to get away.

"What is your problem" he grunted, holding you to his chest.

While you were freaking out over your possible death, Kylo was getting sick of your shit. He had already delayed his trip and didn't have time to mess around, but he knew he couldn't leave you here by yourself.

"STOP" he shouted, and you froze.

You didn't move a muscle, holding your breath as you waited for his next move.

You really are digging yourself a bigger hole.

"You are going to calm down, and you're going to listen to me.. I have to be on that ship in 30 minutes, and weather you're conscious or not you will be coming with me, do you understand?"

A chill ran over your spine as he spoke, anger clearly present in his tone of voice. You could only nod, shaky hands gripping your towel so hard your knuckles had gone white. Kylo slowly let you go, moving to collect what he had dropped, and stepped in front of you.

Thrusting the pile of clothes into your arms, he turned and stomped off into the main area, door slamming closed behind him. You jumped at the violent sound, body still buzzing with fear.

Hm, are these my clothes?

You rushed to pull on the clothes you had been handed, happy to be wearing a full outfit again. It was only a pair of ripped up jeans, a tee and your boots, but it was something.

By the time you had gotten yourself ready, Kylo had already left for the command shuttle. The Knight you had previously met was waiting by the door for you, following orders to escort you to the ship.

You were overwhelmed by the size of this place, you'd never seen anything like it, in saying that you hadn't really seen much at all. Soon enough you had made it into the ship, and you were told to 'put your ass there and leave it there until I say so' by the Knight.

You spent most of the trip sulking, what else were you supposed to do? You tried to get some sleep but you were too nervous, seemingly missing big things as you slept.

Closing your eyes you started thinking about your life back on Takodana, you wondered if anyone noticed your absence, presuming they didn't think that you were dead. Your morbid thoughts were cut short as a door opened across the room and a tall slender man stepped through, arms tucked behind his back. A deep sigh left his chest as his eyes flicked open, instantly finding yours.

You thought he looked friendly enough so you let a grin pull across your face, and gave him a wave. If you were going to be stuck trailing around after Kylo you figured you may as well make some friends.

You were relieved as they gave you a small smile in return. You waited for them to introduce themselves, but they just stood there. weird. Figuring there was no issue with speaking first you told them your name, holding your hand out for them to shake.

Taking long strides across the room he gently placed his hand into yours, bringing your knuckles to his lips. Your heart skipped at the gesture, feeling quite flattered. Men of the first order really aren't shy, huh.

"General Armitage Hux, it's lovely to meet you" he smiled, straitening his shoulders "May I?" gesturing to the seat next to you. 

"Please" you giggled, feeling at ease already.

You shifted in your seat to face him, bringing one leg up onto the seat and resting your head in your hand. "So, tell me.. what you do around here" you asked, happy just to be talking to someone out of your own choice.

"Well actually..."

The two of you spent a while talking and getting to know each other, laughing at each others stories and even creating an inside joke about your ripped jeans. You were so happy you had forgotten where you were, completely engrossed in Hux's story about the time he saved some kittens from a snow storm. 

Hux had removed his coat and managed to get himself stuck in the sleeve, it was the funniest thing you had seen in a while. All of your laughing made your stomach cramp and your jeans were digging in, so after checking it was okay with Hux you moved to unclasp them. 

Just as your fingers hooked into the waistband of your jeans the door flew open, Kylo moving to step through, his eyes snapping to you instantly. His head tilted to the side at the sight in front of him and you froze under his gaze, Hux's hand quickly slipping off of your knee. 

"General, prepare your sequencing, we're about to make contact" Kylo's tone was cold, even under that mask it was obvious. Moving to sit strait and cross your legs you put your head down, feeling as if you had done something you weren't supposed to.

"Yes, Commander" Hux sneered shrugging his coat on and standing up, squeezing your shoulder before he disappeared, leaving you alone with Kylo.

You kept your head down, finding something to focus on other than the man that was slowly making his way over to you. Your breathing sped up as his boots came into your vision and your hands began to shake, just breathe you'll be okay. 

He took you by surprise as he brought his hand to your cheek, gently guiding your face up to look at him. You didn't know what you were expecting to happen, but it wasn't that, and you let your eyes flutter shut finding comfort in the gesture. Just like Ben used to.

Without warning Kylo ripped his hand away, turning to walk back into the cockpit. Your hand shot out and latched onto his wrist, halting his movements.

"I.. I'm sorry" you didn't mean to grab him, you just didn't want to be alone. You were barely keeping it together when you were by yourself, and if you were being honest he somehow put you at ease when he was around, especially after your morning. 

You sat back down and averted your eyes, confused with yourself and your emotions. Kylo stood there for a moment, confused on how to react. Logically he knew he shouldn't be treating you this way, if he wasn't careful you would start to expect it from him and he just couldn't provide that, not the way you would want him to. 

But then again, as much as he would refuse to admit, through out all of these years there hasn't been a single day that he hasn't tried to repair the other half of the necklace he had given you as a child.

Walking away before he could do anything stupid, the door closed behind him and you slumped in your seat, you didn't think you could ever feel so homesick for a place you never did quite belong.