*Chapter 52 - To See*

Start from the beginning

Phil takes a deep breath, gauging his options. "Okay," he finally relents. "But if the nightmares come back, you know what to do. And this time I'm only a phone call away."

Your guard lowers and your cheeks sting with the effort of keeping back tears. "Thanks," you whisper. "I'm sorry. I just...I can't go back there. Mentally."

"I know," Phil says. "I understand."

The two of you share meaningful look, and you know he's telling the truth. Phil experienced an atrocity that nearly ended his existence, and he made it out the other side. If he can do it, you can too.

"Are you ready, love?" Loki says, slipping to your side and eyeing Phil, who gives him a strained smile.

"I'm ready," you say. Eager anxiety chewing through your insides.

"Keep an eye on her, Lover Boy," Tony calls out.

Loki rolls his eyes and takes your hand. Together, you make your way to the lift, and up to the balcony where Thor waits.

"Are we ready, brother?" he calls out.

Loki remains quiet, but you feel just the slightest precipitation in his palm. Nervous sweat? You've never known Loki to be nervous. So you take the initiative and pull Loki along to stand next to Thor.

"Heimdall, to Asgard!" calls out Thor. 

Immediately, that bright light sucks the air from around you as the ground falls from beneath your feet. You admire the beautiful colors that form the vortex around you before you land on the ground. Looking at your feet in awe, you find yourself standing on the most stunningly beautiful rainbow bridge. In all its glory, you find it near impossible to tear your eyes away, until you notice the crashing of the waves below. You are mesmerized by the pure blue waters.

"Woah," you exhale, taking in the vastness of the space around you, realizing that you are in fact actually looking out at, well, space. "What the hell?" you mutter, eyes wide in astonishment. 

"Welcome back, Lady Y/n. I am relieved to see you safe."

You jump slightly and the powerful, booming baritone voice from behind you. One you recognize. You seek the source, and are met by a powerful, golden stare. Your jaw drops as you a man dressed all in shining gold armor towers over you holding a massive sword. You've never seen a man of such strength. Of such power. Even Thor, God of Thunder, doesn't command a presence the way this man - or god - does.

"Heimdall?" you gasp, taking a curious step closer.

He smiles, and meets you halfway across the platform. "Yes, my lady. It is nice to finally meet your gaze."

Without hesitation, you close the gap between you and Heimdall, and throw your arms around his waist, leaning your cheek upon the chest plate of his golden armor.

"I'm sorry," you whisper as he places a gentle hand on your back. "And...thank you."

"It is my duty," he answers. "And my honor," he then says in a much quieter whisper, just for you.

"Lady Y/n!" Thor calls from behind you. "Look!"

As you pull away from Heimdall, you spot Thor standing at the bottom of the platform. He has two sets of reins in hand, a steed on either side. Gasping in delight, you run up to him and offer your hand to one of the horses, a pure black one, who instantly takes to you.

"I like this one!"

"That one happens to be mine," says Loki, who comes up behind you and reaches his own hand out. "It's good to see you again, Trygve," says Loki as he runs a gentle hand down the horse's face.