Chapter 27 - Alex & Sam

Start from the beginning

Lena and Kara are both disturbed from their sleep by the buzzing of Kara's phone.

Kara groans.

"Kara... it's your phone...." Lena grumbles.

Kara groans again and reaches out to answer.

"Hmm.... hello?" Kara answers.

"Did I wake you?" Alex asks from the other end of the call.

"Yes Al, you did." Kara replies, only slightly annoyed. Mostly annoyed because the call is cutting into her cuddle time with Lena.

"Sorry, but I need your help." Alex says.

"Okay, what is it?" Kara asks, concern in her voice.

Lena looks over at Kara and gives her a curious look.

"It's Alex." Kara says to Lena as she takes the phone away from her face.

"I got here and Sam agreed to go on a date with me tonight..." Alex begins.

"That's great!" Kara interrupts.

"You didn't let me finish!" Alex says, scolding her sister for interrupting.

"Sorry." Kara replies, sheepishly.

"Anyway, I got here last night and Sam agreed to go on a date with me tonight, but I'm freaking out as to what to wear, or where to take her." Alex explains to Kara.

"Alex, why don't you just take her on a romantic dinner?" Kara suggests.

"No, I hate that stuff! It's so cliché! It's not me! No offense." Alex says.

Kara chuckles.

"None taken. But honestly Al, I don't really know what else to..." Kara says and then is cut off by Lena grabbing the phone away from her.

"Alex, it's Lena. Take Sam bowling." Lena says down the phone.

"Uhhhh.... Hi Lena.... I uhhh.... bowling?" Alex asks, nervous and confused.

"Yes, Sam loves bowling, but unfortunately Ruby very much hates it, so she never gets to do it. If you take Sam bowling it will be a fun activity for you both and I know she will have a lot of fun." Lena explains.

"Oh, wow, thank you Lena! That's a great idea! Thank you so much!" Alex says.

Lena takes the phone and puts it on speaker so Kara can hear.

"If put you on speaker Alex." Lena says.

"Okay.... so what should I wear?" Alex asks.

"Al, if you are going bowling, you should probably wear something casual, but cute." Kara suggests.

"Perhaps a nice pair of jeans, a shirt, and a nice jacket?" Lena suggests further.

"Yes.... okay.... I think I can do that...." Alex nods, still nervous.

"Alex, Sam really likes you, you really don't have to be nervous. Just do whatever you feel comfortable with and it will all be fine." Lena says.

"I uhh....... thank you Lena..... for everything." Alex replies.

"Of course. After all I think you'll be good for my best friend, so my reasons for helping you are entirely selfish." Lena smirks.

Alex laughs.

"Sure thing Luthor." Alex says down the phone with a big smile.

"Yeah Al. Just be yourself, have fun and don't do anything I wouldn't do." Kara smirks.