Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Joanna’s P.O.V.

Suzanna and I stood up all night talking about what we like to do, what kind of music we like, favorite movies, and a whole bunch of other things we like. I told her things about mom and dad, such as how they met and what their love was like. She told me about her life with her adoptive family. They sound like very nice people and she had a good life with them and that made me happy.

She and I were very much alike she was a little bit taller than me and her face a little longer, whereas mine is round. She also had this very mature and sophisticated look and feel about her too. I’m not saying I’m dumb or anything but I won’t consider myself a genius seeing as even though I went to school I never had time to study to actually pass tests and to actually remember what I’ve been taught during class.

We talked and talked and talked until finally Will came into the room to tell us he couldn’t sleep cause of our laughing and talking. So Suz took me back to the room where I woke up in and explained that it was an empty guest room and this would be my room for now on.

“Why is there hair supplies and make up in here? You said it was unoccupied right?” I asked wondering about the vanity set.

“Well when you passed out earlier, I figured you were going to be out for a while so I, being into makeup and hair, decided to run to stores to get you some things that every girl needs. Things like makeup, makeup brushes, curling iron, straightn-“

“Okay Okay I get it! You thought of everything huh? Thank you so much Suz, you really are the sister I’ve always dreamt about. Literally.” I said hugging her and remembering those dreams I used to have of a girl that looked like me. I always thought it was me mocking myself for being so happy in the dream and then being miserable in reality, but now I know it was what I believe the moon goddess making sure I don’t give up with life cause soon I will find my true family. Which I did, and for that I am truly thankful to the moon goddess.

“Okay well get some sleep, I know today has been a very long and eventful day. Tomorrow we go shopping if you like to fill that closet over there!” she said releasing me from our hug and pointing over to the door that leads to the closet. She puts her hands on my shoulders and looks at me, “Goodnight Joanna.” She says and pulls me in for another hug.

I hear her sniffling and feel tears hitting me. I just hugged her tighter and let a few tears of my own fall and say “Goodnight Suzanna. My amazing, wonderful, beautiful sister”

We pull back and look at each other one more time and laugh wiping our tears away. She says goodnight one more time and then leaves to her room. I wipe my face of any tears and turn to the room. It’s a very big and beautiful room. A room I could only dream about. I look at bed and it looks so big and comfy and very inviting so without another thought I run and jump onto it. I am immediately engulfed in fluffy and comfy blankets and very cushiony pillows.

“Heaven, I’m in heaven” I sing quietly of the beginning of Fred Astaire’s song Cheek to Cheek from Top Hat. Even though I may not have Mason to sing this love song to, I truly do feel like I’m in heaven with my new life and my new family. Though I have to admit it would be heaven times two with Mason, but that’s not the case. I don’t have Mason, so I have to accept with what I can get, and I’m happy with what I got. Smiling in content I slowly drift off to sleep and dream of life where I was with Mason and we were happy and in love.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“WAKE UP! WAKE UP! WAKE UP!” Liam came barging in at the ass crack of dawn with Will behind him.