The Camping Trip

Words: 1484

Words: 1484

Pairings: Steve Rogers x Reader, Bucky Barnes x OC

Summary: Reader agrees to go on a camping trip with her best friend, Tessa, and Tessa's boyfriend, Bucky. What she doesn't know is that Bucky also invited his best friend, Steve. Reader and Steve soon become unwilling allies when it seems Tess and Bucky can't stop fighting. 

"[Y/N]!!" Your best friend, Tessa, came running over to your car excitedly

"[Y/N]!!" Your best friend, Tessa, came running over to your car excitedly. You'd just parked in her driveway where your car would be resting for the weekend. You got out of your car and were immediately encircled by Tessa's arms. "I'm so glad you agreed to come with us this weekend! It's been forever since we've hung out!"

"It's been too long." You nodded, ending the hug. "So, is it just me, you and Bucky this weekend?" You asked, opening your driver's side back door and reaching for the camping equipment you'd packed.

"Hey [Y/N]!" Bucky, Tessa's long-term boyfriend came over to help you load your bags into their car. "Have you met my friend, Steve?"

You looked up to see a mountain of a man lurking by Bucky's SUV. He was at least six feet tall, with a muscular build. You thought for sure one of his biceps was the size of your head. As you approach the SUV, Steve offers you a hand to shake. You accept his hand a give it a stern shake.

"Nice to meet you, Ma'am." He says politely.

"It's [Y/N] please." You insisted, looking up at his ocean blue eyes. "It's nice to meet you too Steve."

"So [Y/N], are you an avid camper?" Steve walked to the driver's side back door and opened it for you.

"Not exactly." You laughed. "I just get dragged along on a lot of Tessa's adventures." Steve shut the door. You clipped your seatbelt in and Steve joined you in the backseat. "The last time I went camping with Tessa we were in college. I got eaten alive by mosquitos and vowed I'd never do it again."

"Yet here you are!" Tessa chirped, jumping into the passenger's seat of the SUV.

"Okay, last chance for everyone to use an actual toilet. Anyone have to go?" Bucky warned starting the car. "Going once...twice...sold." Bucky changed the car's gear to reverse and rolled his SUV down the driveway.