Sick

November 25th 2023
6:37 am

Third Person:

Had been about a week since Ryland had been back in Hannah's life. It was Monday, which meant Hannah had work, and Cameron school.

"Cami wake up" Hannah whispered as she shook her daughter awake.

"I cold" Cameron whined as she pulled her head under the blanket. Hannah lifted her up off the bed and got her changed before bringing the 2 year old to the kitchen where she had a slice of raisin toast, and some milk. Hannah who was already in her work clothes was also having raisin toast. Around 8 they left for Cami's preschool.

Hannah was clocking in an order at work when her phone began to ring.

"Hello" Hannah spoke as she answered the phone.

"Hello Ms. Andrews, it's Elaine from Early Years, and I have Cameron here with me"

(bahahaha i used to go to Early Years)

"She says she isn't feeling well, and has a bit of a temperature" Elaine finished

"fuck" Hannah mentally cursed. She wasn't able to leave work for another 2 hours.

"Uh yeah, I'll have her out of there soon" Was all Hannah could say.

"Okay, have a good rest of your day!"  Elaine said.

"You too!" Hannah replied before hanging up. First she called Josh who didn't answer, then Nessa to see if they could pick up Cam as they had a few times before. No answer.

"They're probably fucking" Hannah thought. She debated calling Ryland, but it was only 12:30. She gave in anyway and went to find his contact.

"Hello" Ryland said after 3 rings. It was clear he had only just woken up as his morning voice was very uhh well very just let's just say it gave Hannah butterflies.

"Hi" Hannah said as she composed herself.

"What's up?" He asked.

"Uhh well I'm at work right now" Hannah began.

"And Cam's school just called, saying she isn't feeling well. Can you maybe get her for me? You don't ha-" Hannah began to ramble as she wasn't sure if he wanted to get Cam or even talk to Hannah right now. Nothing had happened but she didn't want to be putting to much on him.

"Babe shut up. I'll go get Cam don't worry" Ryland said. He could clearly hear the nervousness in her voice.

"You sure?" Hannah asked.

"Positive. Send me the address and stop worrying" He said. As cringey as it was she could hear his smile.

"Uh yeah and then the apartment code is-" Hannah began to only be cut off a second time.

"I'll bring her back here. Kay? Now get back to work silly" Ry laughed.

"Bye" Hannah said.

"Bye Camille" Ryland said before hanging up. Hannah had sent him the address to Cam's preschool and he quickly grabbed his phone, mask and threw on a shirt before leaving. Although he hadn't know Cam for very long he loved her because, well she was his daughter. Once arriving he realized he didn't have a car seat for her.