Normal Day

I must say, today had been harder than I expected it to be.

Although I had been just sitting beside Sofia, while she passionately spoke about how interesting it is that clownfish are firstborn male later to be changed to become a dominant female, the memory of turning my back on Noah kept on replaying in my mind.

Every second seemed to have been bringing me back to the hug he gave me. It felt so warm, it made me feel safe.

Deep down I knew everything I felt would have to end, eventually. As much as I wanted to ignore it, it hurt. It hurt so much. Yet I loved him.

I stared at Sofia as she kept spitting out random facts, hoping to lift up the mood. I must say, I am so grateful to have her in my life. Life was already hard enough, yet she was able to make the sun shine a little brighter.

Yes, the facts were interesting but the one thing that caught my eyes was seeing this man whom I had not seen before.

He was wearing a blue-white sweater with collars sticking out at the top. The sweater tucked in the light blue jeans while wearing some white shoes to match with his sweater. His hair was the thing that stood out the most, it was a nice black colour split exactly in the middle.

He is handsome.

My focus stayed on him as he made his way behind me, sitting down exactly at the desk right behind my back.

Sofia seemed to have noticed my interest in him as she made her way closer to me and whispered something in my ear.

"His name is Zachary, Zack for short."

I looked at her and smiled.

"How do you know this?"

Sofia somehow seemed to know everything about everyone, which is honestly really helpful and scary of course. I mean she was the one who introduced Noah to me and set us up on a blind date.

Looking back at it, the moment I set my eyes on him my heart did speed up. Love at first sight.

I was grateful, happy, hopeful and completely madly in love with this man I had only met for less than two minutes.

"I'm Sofia, of course I knew this!" Sofia brought me back from my thoughts as she stared at me with a smug smile.

The confidence she held.

"Right, sorry I had forgotten I am best friends with a complete weirdo."

"Damn right you are, but still remember you are more of a weirdo than I am."

She told me as she made a heart sign with her small hands.

I let out a small chuckle, but my happiness was short-lived as my teacher made its way inside the class.

He seemed very intimidating, he looked around the class making sure to have eye contact with each and every single student sitting down.

Weird.

He suddenly smiled and introduced himself.

"Hello everyone, my name is Mr. Carson, I will be your homeroom teacher for this year."

The moment he finished his introduction, he took out a big binder. Assuming it contained all of the material, I shrugged it off thinking it wasn't that big of a deal.

Boy was I wrong.

"Although this is the first day of school, you guys are seniors meaning graduation will happen."

Mr. Carson started his big speech on how soon we will be able to see the real world and how we should be prepared for it.

"Because you guys are soon to be graduated, all of you will have to have to be working on a project to be due at the end of the year."

Everyone let out grunts and muttered words.

I looked at Sofia, knowing if it was a partner project she would be with me.

Sofia most of likely thought the same thing as she was staring right back at me with a smile.

I had nothing to worry about.

"I have decided for me to pick the partners as it is the last year and it is better for all to interact with each other."

My smile soon faded as Mr.Carson started to yell out names, hearing Sofia's name in the process partnered up with a girl named Katie.

Sofia's eyes screamed of pain as she went out of her seat beside me and made her way to that best friend stealer.

I looked at my hands sadly, I know this might not be seen as a big deal but Sofia was my only friend. I did not know anyone. It was scary thinking I was going to be paired up with someone I didn't talk to.

"Violet Harper and Zachary Dixon." said Mr. Carson with a neutral look on his face.

I looked back at Sophia, and her eyes seemed to be already on mine as we made eye contact. Her eyes seemed excited, but what I felt was the complete opposite.

I hear the chair behind me move, and soon his presence consumed my thoughts.

"Can I sit here?" I hear a deep voice. The voice was calming and it somehow made me feel warmth. It held authority that's for sure.

I looked up only to be once again completely mesmerized by his face. His eyes were a colour of green that reminded me of the grass right after rain. His nose held freckles and his lips were the colour of a beautiful rose.

I seemed to notice how his lips changed from a line to a smile, his face now had dimples.

"Are you ok there?" he asked me again, this time he was completely amused by my reaction.

I panicked for a second, looking back at Sophia who was only giving me a thumbs up.

I slightly nodded, "Sure." I quietly said.

He nodded and sat beside me.

"So your name is Violet. Pretty."

"Thanks?" That was a questionable remark.

"Sorry, I'm new. I am not trying to scare you and I'm sorry if I am."

I looked at the front, only to notice Mr.Carson was talking with a student.

"You are not, Zachary is a pretty name as well." I gave him a little smile while I stared at his green eyes.

His eyes were so beautiful. I just can't seem to look away

"Thank you." he also gave me a little smile.

The class soon started again and Mr.Carson gave us the lesson.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zachary and I stayed quiet the whole time. No one said a word, but I guess I was fine with it.

The silence was comforting for some reason.

Soon later the bell rang, Sophia ran to me and Zach gave me a nod as a goodbye.

I gave him a silent not as well, and now I had to mentally prepare myself for the excitement Sophia was about to express.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End of chapter. This one was kind of long, I just couldn't find a way to finish it XD

anyway have a good day!