Chapter Thirty-One

Start from the beginning

When you stepped into the hot steamy water, you couldn't help but get lost in your thoughts. He asked me to move in with him. You felt your pulse speed as your body tingled. I didn't say yes, but I will. I mean I practically live here anyway. You thought to yourself as you ironically grabbed the bottle of your salon's shampoo. Aaron bought it for you because he felt bad that you had to use his 3-in-1 every time you showered there.

Your body was on autopilot and before you knew it you were clean and stepping out of the shower. You stuck your bathrobe on before you went back into Aaron's bedroom, grabbed some clothes, and changed into them in the bathroom.

When you were finished, Aaron was already out of Jack's room and back in his keeping an eye on Jack making sure he was okay. "Hey I'm gonna shower, but it's already 6 so I know I'm not going back to sleep, care to put on a pot of coffee?" he smiled with pleading eyes.

"I'll put a pot on for you but I hope you know, I'm going back to bed," you said with a grin as you walked downstairs and loaded up the coffee machine. You made a full pot for him as you assumed he would just work on case stuff in the meantime.

You cleaned up the rest of the kitchen, and then went back into Jack's room to figure out how to deal with the smell. As you pace around the child's room, all you thought was best was to open his windows and let the February air cleanse the room of the stench. You also lit a candle in hopes that it would be masked.

By the time you were finished, you heard the shower turn off and Aaron walked out of the bathroom in sweatpants and a v-necked shirt. "Hey, the coffee is done, I'm gonna check on Jack and go back to bed," you said turning away from Aaron and walking into his room. "I'll come with you. I'll tuck you in because nobody else wants me to."

You laughed at his joke, shaking your head a bit. "It's not my fault your kid likes me more." you both walked into Aaron's room. You rubbed jack's shoulder waking him up slightly. "Hey buddy, your room is all clean but stay in here cause it's a bit stinky. How are you feeling?"

His words were all muffled and groggy because he was barely awake. "I'm okay. My tummy still hurts a bit." you kept softly rubbing his shoulder while Aaron spoke. "Alright bud, go back to bed you should feel better when you wake up," Aaron said as he kissed Jack's forehead.

"night dad." Jack said as he turned over and shoved his face in the pillow, "night mom." his muffled voice ran out and you froze. You just stood there shocked. You were certain that you heard Aaron's breath hitch. The silence was the killer. You didn't know what to do so you just said goodnight and laid in the bed next to him.

You heard Aaron exit the room and go downstairs to work. You tried your hardest to fall asleep but you just couldn't. There was so much in your brain. Aaron asking you to move in coupled with Jack calling you mom. It was all so much.

Me... a mom... I-

After laying there for what felt like forever you realized it was only fifteen minutes. It was 6:30 and the sun had just barely already started to rise. You stepped out of bed and walked downstairs and decided to pour yourself a cup of coffee.

You wandered around for a second before you noticed Aaron huffing in his home office with paperwork. You set your coffee down and walked behind him, resting your hands on his shoulders. "You are always so tense" you rubbed his shoulder to relieve him of stress.

"Just a lot of paperwork," he said, being very dismissive of you. "Talk to me Aaron, I can't know what is wrong unless you talk to me," you said whilst still rubbing his shoulders. "We need to talk about it," he said and you knew exactly what he was talking about.

You stopped rubbing his shoulders as he turned his desk chair to you. He patted his lap a bit, gesturing for you to sit. You grabbed your coffee as you sat sideways across his lap while his arms wrapped around you holding you secure.