✔Chapter X - You're not the Princess, aren't you?

Start from the beginning

"Of course, I am heavy! Because I am older than you," instead she threw a statement, "and stronger." She put a big pressure on 'stronger' that it felt she mocked him. And indeed she was.

Demian's brows twitched, "You...!"

The same sound of an arrow whooshing through the air reached their ears and before Demian could react she grabbed the lapels of his coat and plucked him up from the ground. The arrow landed right where he was a second ago, Seraphina whipped him behind nearly throwing him in a tree. Demian grimaced at the treatment she was giving him, it was like he was nothing but a rag doll for her.

"What the he-!" Before he could finish, two men appeared with long swords and they wore the same uniform as the dragon guards.

One of them launched at her and Demian felt his heart thumping as there was no way a woman could protect herself... or so he'd thought.

The first guard advanced with a shout and Demian observed as Seraphina tilted her head down a little her arms reaching out as if to defend herself. She wouldn't be doing that, would she? Thinking that she could defend herself from a man with a sword being unarmed herself? It was surely a far- His eyes widened as he saw her moving swiftly avoiding his slash, she diagonally hit the neck of the guard making him groan as she gripped his wrist quickly as she kneed in his groin. He fell on his knees holding his family jewels as Seraphina got a hold of his sword, her arm didn't seem to be at discomfort by the weight of the weapon. Demian's eyes narrowed as he saw the other guard heading towards her, he saw as her sharp gaze landed on him and with the swiftness of a fox she reached him ducking down from his sword and with a swung of her sword, hilt of her sword made the contact with the side of his head. He fell to his knees before her and she looked around as if trying to spot some more guards who would appear for combat.

In the ensuing chaos, Demian found himself too engrossed that he forgot to call for his guards. He watched as she turned and he noticed for the first time the woman whom he'd thought was a weak maiden who was supposed to be the answer for the riddle was something more than what the outer appearance gave off. The few strands blew in the air giving the illusion of being on fire because of the sunlight that fell on them, her eyes unlike he'd seen earlier were like those of a predator who would even fight a dragon head on.

Demian watched as she glared at the first guard who had almost recovered from her assault, she stomped towards him throwing away the sword. She crouched down and grabbed his throat gripping him up to the level of her eyes.

"Why the hell did you attack us?" She growled and Demian almost blinked as he noticed her ferocious side.

Her face bore a furious expression and the fire in her eyes seemed like they could set the entire place on fire.

The steel winked at the corner of Demian's eye and he noticed the three arrows that stabbed into the guard's back, he coughed out blood and Seraphina's eyes widened as he hung his head losing his life in an instant. Demain was certain that this time the arrows were aimed for the guard, the other two arrows hit the other guard and Demian was now sure of it. There was someone who was plotting against the human princess or probably him. Someone within the castle?

The throbbing that he'd momentarily forgotten now made itself known again, his heart clenched in his chest and he clenched his jaw to stop his painful gasp from escaping.

"Guards!" He shouted, his skin seemed as if it was scalding because of the infernal flames.

"Are you alright?" Seraphina asked and he noticed her standing up with a worried expression on her face. Worry. He hated it.

She walked towards him and he felt the muscles in his jaw bulging as she crouched slightly and he felt his knees wobbling. He was too weak, his condition worsened by each passing moment. He couldn't fall weak now, not before this human!