Beauty in his Bruises

Mando was out on a hunt and had been gone for almost 5 days. I figured he'd be back any time now, considering he'd been gone a while. His hunts normally lasted 3-4 days but this one in particular was taking a bit longer. I had no idea why.

...............2 more days later................

Grogu was asleep in the sleeping pod. I was fixing up some panels on the inside of the Razor Crest when I heard the distinct hissing sound of the ramp opening. I quickly finished touching up the panel. I looked over as soon as I heard the clinking sound of Mando's boots against the metal floor.

"Din!!" I cried, rushing over to him. He was covered in sand. He immediately started stripping off his armor, carefully tossing it in a pile on the floor. Then he took his helmet off and set it on top of a crate. He walked over to me and pulled me into a tight hug, which I immediately returned.

"I was really worried about you cyare." I whispered. "I know, I'm sorry mesh'la." He said softly.

I pulled back just enough to look at him. He looked awful. He was covered in dirt and sweat, and he looked exhausted. He had a bruise on his face too. I felt horrible.

"Din, what happened to you?" I asked. "You were gone a long time."

"I know. I was ambushed by a couple of raiders, they destroyed my speeder bike. I had to travel back on foot." He explained.

He pulled me back into him and I hugged him back tightly. Maybe a little too tight because he winced in pain. I quickly took a step back.

"Did I hurt you?" I asked, my voice full of worry.

"No mesh'la, it's okay, those raiders got me pretty good." He sighed.

I went to lift up his shirt to see how bad he was injured and he grabbed my wrist.

"Hey, hey, it's okay Din, I just need to take a look." I told him. He slowly nodded and let go of me. I carefully lifted up his shirt. His ribs were peppered with bruises.
I gently ran my fingers over them. He winced again and I immediately felt bad.

"Cyare... I'm so sorry.." I whispered.

"It's not your fault, (Y/N)." He sighed.

I walked over to a supply crate and grabbed a medkit. I opened it and took out a tube of bacta cream.

"What are you doing?.." He asked, nervously.

"Din, I need to tend to those bruises." I said. "N-no, please." He stammered.

"Honey, I know they hurt but this is gonna make them heal quicker." I said, trying to reassure him.

"Fine, just get it over with. And p-please, be g-gentle." He pleaded.

"The shirt has to come off, Din." I told him. He nodded and I grabbed the hem of his shirt and pulled it over his head.

I took the cream and put some on my fingers. I rubbed the cream onto his bruises as gently as I could. He tensed up and shut his eyes. I knew he was hurting.

"I'm sorry cyare." I whispered.

When I was done treating his injuries, I sent him off to go change out of his dirty clothes. When he came back, he still wasn't wearing a shirt. I grabbed some gauze out of a crate.

"What's that for?" He questioned.

"I have to wrap that." I said, pointing to his torso. "Okay." He said with a heavy sigh. "Come here my love." I said. I wrapped the gauze around his torso, covering his bruises. Tight but not tight enough to hurt him. Then I walked over to another crate and pulled out a black quarter zip that belonged to him and tossed it in his direction. He caught it effortlessly.