I did know that it would be less suspicious for me to grab a drink and act as though I was with the rest of the party. At least I assumed so. I went to where the drinks were and then I grabbed one. I didn't even read the brand or anything, I only checked that there was alcohol in it. As a plan formulated in my mind, I began to ask around about where the bathroom was. With some simple and some rude responses I finally got directions towards one.

I got to the bathroom quickly, closing the door behind me and locking it. I turned to my reflection in the mirror, grimacing as I saw how made up I was. I rolled my eyes and then struggled to open the bottle. I groaned quietly and finally got it to twist undone. I sighed in relief and rolled my eyes even. I frowned at the bottle and thought of pouring some out so it seemed as though I were drinking it and as it began to trickle down into the sink, I got another idea. I thought of how alcohol is supposed to be on breath, so I made a face before I brought the drink to my mouth. I had no intentions of drinking it whatsoever but I swashed it around in my mouth and gurgled it even. I practically coughed it out. It just was awful, honestly.

I was tempted to rinse my mouth out with water, but I needed this breath so I can seem at least convincingly tipsy. I straightened out and once again faced myself in the mirror, seeing watery eyed in reaction to the alcohol. I bit my lip and blinked my eyes, wiping at them. But then I had to smile to myself.

Look at me being all calculative and stuff.

Not really, I negatively retorted to myself. I rolled my eyes and then opened the door, sighing. I had run into someone and I fell back slightly, releasing an "umph." I was grabbed securely and my eyes widened. I looked up after grabbing onto them reflexively, happy that they didn't just let me fall. But when I saw who it was my eyes widened even more.

It was him.

Alexander Geoffrey.

I had been given a photo of him so I could identify him and even though I recognized him, he was different from who I saw, still. I blinked in shock as he smiled at me, having a single charming dimple on the left side of his bronze face. His eyes were a dark blue and his hair a seemingly black color. I was caught off guard, because in the photo I'd seen of him he was a boy, a teen perhaps like me. Maybe even just as awkward as I am. He was thin, scrawny perhaps, and his hair had been brown under the sunlight. But now, looking at him, I saw almost a man. On the bright side his smile didn't seem to have changed.

How old was he again? I thought.

"Woah, little lady, you seem a bit off your feet," he chuckled.

My eyebrows rose. "If I do recall correctly you seem to have actually knocked me off them," I sassed.

He made an almost shocked face in response, but then he grinned and shrugged. "My looks tend to do that to the ladies." He ran his fingers through his hair cockily and I snickered.

"Wow. I do remember you being described as a ladies man, but they didn't warn me about your ego," I commented, leaning against the door frame.

"Alright, alright. I see I've got a feisty one," he nodded thoughtfully.

I shrugged. "Not really, perhaps it's the alcohol." I rolled my eyes, still with the "pretend-I've-at-least-had-one-drink" plan. "I'm usually the quiet, possibly gothic girl. But mostly nerdy," I added.

He laughed. "Okay. So now you're interesting. You're definitely cute, I'll give you that." His eyes practically glittered as he smiled at me and I couldn't help my timid one in return.

I scratched behind my ear and laughed nervously.

"I'm guessing that the, ugh, gothic, quiet, nerdy girl isn't used to hearing that?" he questioned.