Protect

"Why didn't you get yourself to safety?! You could have been hurt!"
The Mikealson siblings heard Elijah yell from upstairs. He and Delia had been arguing for upwards of thirty minutes.
"My first priority was Hayley! And how about a thank you for not wanting to leave the psychotic witch alone in the middle of the city!" They heard Delia yell back.
"Jesus." Rebekah said, slumping into the couch in the parlor. "Why is it we wanted them to get back together again?"
"They're two headstrong personalities that care about each other, what did you expect?" Freya said as she paced behind said couch. She had other things on her mind, like her aunt and how she was to face her after all this time.
"Exactly sister. This should only bring back memories of when they were together before." Klaus commented, smiling into his glass of whiskey. He looked as if we was greatly enjoying the drama unfolding.
"If I remember correctly Nik, you didn't seem too thrilled with their fights back then either. I seem to remember you throwing a wooden paint brush into 'Lijah's arm." Rebekah quipped back.
Chuckling, Klaus said, "Ah yes. That was fun!"
Upon those words Hayley entered the room holding Hope. She made a gesture upstairs, "Still?"
Everyone in the parlor paused to listen in again.
"This is ridiculous! I'm not going to have a fight about caring for eachother!" Delia yelled, although it was obvious she was trying not to.
"Wonderful. Then you'll agree to run away from danger, not towards it next time?" Elijah questioned, upon which everyone in the room snorted. Like that was ever going to happen.
"Hell no! The whole point of me being here is to help you guys out of the danger! It is what I have always done and it's what I will do now!" She rebutted.
"It WAS! Now, it's not! I refuse to lose you again, Delia! It was the fault of witches before, and I won't let it be again! It won't happen!" Elijah's voice began to shake at the end.
"We should give them some privacy." Hayley said and gestured for them all to get up.
"Good idea. I could use a walk anyway." Freya said as she swiftly gathered her jacket and left the compound.
"She's right Nik." Rebekah said and grabbed Klaus's wrist to pull him from the chair.
"Ugh! This is still my house you know. I shouldn't have to be kicked out just because Elijah's having a tiff with his girlfriend." Klaus grumbled.
"And yet, here you are." Rebekah patted him on the back. "Let's go to Rousseau's. Cami will make you feel better." She laughed as he rolled his eyes and walked faster to get away from her.
(Setting change: upstairs in Elijah's room)
"Is that what this is about?" Delia's eyes and voice softened. "You're worried you're going to lose me?"
"You were already taken from me once. I can't go through that again." His voice got even quieter and he looked towards the floor.
Cordelia walked up to him and put one hand on his chest and used her other to move his face to look her in the eye.
"You are not going to lose me." She assured him. "I am immortal, there are very few things that can kill me. One of which is your sister and I really don't anticipate that happening." She joked.
He chuckled softly and held her hand that was on his cheek.
"If something happens to you, and I'm not there-" He started.
"You can't be there for everything. And what happened at the lake was not your fault." She cut him off, knowing he was about to blame himself. "You think I like it when you're in trouble? I kept tabs on you all. For years I knew when you were daggered, when you were undaggered. We can't always help each other. We just have to realize that both of us are strong enough to take care of ourselves."
"I know you can take care of yourself, I just don't always think you should have to." He looked her deep in the eye, attempting to communicate the importance she held in his life.
She took a long deep sigh and moved her hands around his neck, as his snaked down and around her waist.
"And I love when you do. Reminds me I'm not alone in the world any more."
"You're not." He said firmly and bent down to plant a kiss on her lips.
She smiled and kissed him back. This kiss quickly deepened, and they once again felt the desire they'd come to know for each other pressing back in.
It was moments like these that made battles worth fighting.

(Short chapter you guys! But I thought it was sweet so, here you go!)