Day five- part two

"You've met the kitchen staff?"

You nodded. "Yea, I went to thank them a few days ago, and now we talk every day."

"That's... nice. I don't think anyone that's come here has ever befriended any staff."

You shrugged. "I don't see why. They cook our food and stuff, so the least we could do is thank them."

Shoto smiled. "Yea, that's true," he said. "I love how kind you are. That is very rare now and days."

"I wouldn't go that far. I do have a temper sometimes."

"Don't we all?" Shoto said with a chuckle.

"Well, anyway," you paused. "Let's get to know each other more."

"Alright, how about 20 questions while we eat?"

"20 questions? Sounds fun."

"So, would you like to go first?"

"Well, I think my first question is pretty obvious. Who is the girl that has caught your attention?"

Shoto chuckled. "You'll find out eventually. What are your hobbies?"

"Hmm..," you paused for a moment. "I think I mentioned this before, but I like to help people in my community. I give food to people that need it, I heal the sick with my healing magic, sometimes I read to the kids in the orphanage-"

"Wait- sorry to interrupt. You have healing magic?"

You nodded. "Yea. I thought Izuku would've told you."

"He knew?"

You nodded again. "On our way here, someone threw a shoe at him and his nose was bleeding... so I healed it. I also showed Katsuki my power too."

"I see," he said. "Wanna know a secret?"

"Sure."

"I can use magic too."

You gasped. "Really?!"

Shoto nodded before he made a small flame in his hand. "Father always told me to keep a secret, so that our people wouldn't hate me." Your eyes seemed to light up at the sight of his flames. "That's amazing! Is that all you can do?"

Shoto smiled softly. Suddenly, you felt cold. You looked down and saw that Shoto had made a thin sheet of ice across the table. "Woah," you muttered as you trailed your fingers along the ice. "You're amazing! All I can do is heal," you trailed off.

Shoto chuckled. "You are aware that healing magic is more rare, right? You are amazing."

A light blush spread over your chubby cheeks and you smiled. "Thanks for saying that." Smoke rose from the table and the ice slowly started to evaporate. "So, let's continue the game," Shoto said.

"Ah okay, Uhm... Hobbies?"

"I like to read, play chess, walk around in the garden-"

"There's a garden!?" You exclaimed. "Oh- wait sorry."

Shoto chuckled. "Yea, there is. Would you like to have lunch with me in the garden tomorrow?"

You smiled and nodded. "That sounds fun! Oh, could we water the plants too? I love nature, but there isn't anywhere near the village where I could make a garden of my own. Oh- the children would've loved that."

"I'm sure there's something I could do for your village once the war is over."

"Really?! Oh, I would love that. It's your turn, by the way."