Season 1, Chapter 1

Hi I'm haley and I just moved to America from the uk , it's just me and my mum since I was about 12 when my dad went to prison after abusing and sexually assaulting both me and my mum. I have attempted overdosing a lot throughout my life and I drink and smoke ALOT. I'm leaving for collage today , I'm so excited!!!!

"I'm gonna miss you so much!" My mum whined "I know , I'll miss you too" I said , hugging her tightly "I'm gonna go though because I want to unpack" I laughed , pulling away "bye!" She shouted as I walked away with my suitcase in hand .

"Hey, you must be Steph" I smiled "yeah and you are Haley?" She smiled back "yeah" "this is Tristan" Steph says , Tristan waves "hey" I smiled and pulled a spliff out of the plastic bag in the top pocket of my suitcase "yes!, give me some" Steph laughed , I took a draw and passed it over to her , then she passed it to Tristan , this went on and on.

Soon after the door opened "hey" Steph said to tessa her mum and her brother I think "hey" I also said "hey" tessa joined "um...Steph, Haley" tessa questioned "in the flesh" Steph joked "in the flesh" I mocked , placing my spliff on the side table "I'm tessa" she smiled , Steph placed a hand on her shoulder "Hey it's my other roomie, this is Tristan" she introduced Tristan to tessa "hey" "hi I'm tessa" they hugged "come in. We're not gonna bite" steph exclaimed making me chuckle "oh,sorry. So this is my mom and this is noah" tessa said as she turned around to face her family "hello" noah smiled awkwardly "hi" Steph said , I waved "full disclosure, I was pretty bummed to be paired with two freshman's, but then I though, hello, bright side, I'm gonna be your spirit guide" Steph explained, making us laugh "we can get you into all the best places even without a fake , no problem" Tristan told us "ooo, great" I smiled , picking the spliff up again and taking a last puff before throwing it away, tessas mum looked at me rudely and walked out into the hallway "mom" tessa whined as she followed . Noah sat down onto tessas bed "I like your sweater" Tristan said , taking the piss out of him "thanks! I got it from the GAP" he announced proudly , while I held in my laugh , Steph and Tristan giggled "cute" I laughed.

"How much did We freak your mom out?" Steph asked , causing me to laugh out loud "um-" tessa began "she thinks I'm gonna be a bad influence?" Steph said "the room smells of weed?" I joked "she's just very protective. It's always only been the two of us"tessa shrugged "oh same with me and my mum" I shrugged too , Steph gave me a puff of her vape and then pointed it towards tessa "no!, no thanks" tessa said "see? Seems like she has nothing to worry about" Steph said , looking up at tessa.

"your brother is cute" Steph said to break the silence "oh, you mean Noah. No, he's my boyfriend" tessa said , I let out a small giggle "shit,sorry" Steph laughed "no,it's okay" tessa reassured "he's a senior in high school" the room got quiet for a minute until a phone beeped "it's Tristan, I'm supposed to meet her" steph got up out of bed "what's with all the old books?, who brings books to college" Steph said , looking around at mine and tessas stuff a little "me...I guess" tessa awkwardly shrugged "the bookish vibe , I like that" Steph nodded "I think it makes you sound mysterious" I said , making the room laugh "alright, I'm out" Steph began to walk away "okay, bye" tessa waved "bye!" I shouted as she closed the door.

For the next few hours tessa and I unpacked and chatted about random things . She seemed nice but boring🤷‍♀️. When I finished unpacking my side of the room looked a bit like this:

 When I finished unpacking my side of the room looked a bit like this:

So I decided to call my mum "hey mum" I smiled "hey baby, how are you getting on?" She asked "great actually" I smiled , we talked for a while and then I went to sleep