𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟗

Start from the beginning

It was true, the blond was the only one that was masked. The rest were on the side of the log, half out of sight. 

"Maybe we can take turns guarding." Ghostbur spoke up and suggested. "That way we'll have enough space for two people, and we'll be able to run away if the mob is anywhere close."

"Strangely enough, that's a good idea." The 16 year old praised getting ready to get up, but the girl stopped him.

"Let me. You're probably exhausted." She volunteered, heaving herself up.

"Aren't we all?" He shrugged, though made no further move to argue. 

"Who's guarding next?" Y/n asked, walking away from the group. 

"I'll go, it's only fair." Tommy disclosed as she gave him a thumbs up.

The y/h/c haired girl did a quick salute, before installing her a few distances away from her friends. Just in case she got caught, hopefully the mob would be too busy chasing her then spotting the other two.

She pulled out a stick that fell from the ground, and lit it with a flint and steel she kept in her pocket. It took a bit of effort, seeing as the tool was rusty and it hasn't been used in quite awhile but she managed to do it.

The girl made sure she was far from the ruined tree before planting the torch in the ground. (The part that wasn't on fire-)

The torch thankfully lighted up most of her ground, but not too much for the mob to see. She sat down on the grass, and surveyed the environment. 

The crowd was far off, but not too far for comfort. Y/n could still see the light of their torches as they searched around. She hoped they wouldn't come any closer. But, they'd be stupid to not explore an area, right? Or are L'manbergians more stupid then she thought?

Shaking her head, the girl sat criss-cross apple sauce resting her elbow on her thigh and her face on her hand. Being in this place made her feel fairly nostalgic, so she didn't stop herself from fading into yet another memory.

(FLASHBACK TO STALL :D)

✩。:*•.───── ❁ ❁ ─────.•*:。✩

The gentle summer breeze made her hair slowly flow around, as Y/n sat on the lowest branch of The Great Oak. She had enough lessons from her best friend to be confident enough to climb on the low-lying branch, which is a grand achievement if you ask me. She had one of her favourite books in hand, Watership Down. The 11 year girl was a pretty big fan of animal books, as she used to beg her mother to read Charlotte's Web while she fell asleep, some time ago. 

Suddenly, a ladybug landed on her wrist. She admired it's beautiful colors, and it's distinguishable spots. This one was around 4 years old, judging from the spots on its back. She learnt that you could tell the age of this beautiful insect by counting it's spots. Y/n learnt that from her mother, who also took a great interest in wildlife. (This is false, I repeat the ladybug 'fact' is false. Ladybugs live for around 2-3 years, and it makes no sense if there's 13 spots on them. So beware!) She really did enjoy anyone's company, ranging from small bugs to-

"HEY Y/N!" 

To that.

Ripping her eyes from the bug who had just flown away, she looked up to see her best friend and another boy who was trailing behind him.

He had medium length pink hair, with a bone mask that was probably a tad too big for him. He had pig ears, and some glasses. He was most probably a hybrid, which Y/n found insanely cool. The guy wore a casual outfit, though he clearly was uncomfortable in it judging from the way he was walking.