𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘴

you were sitting a few feet away from the girls when you heard shelby start to freak out, her hair was all knotted

the girls tried to calm her and fatin offered her a hairbrush but she refused to take it and took a pair of scissors instead.

you knew that there was a way to safe her hair so you quickly ran over and took the scissors out of her hands.

shelby was still crying and freaking out when you decided it was probably just the best to hug her.

"hey, it's going to be alright! we can fix this, okay?"

the rest of the girls figured they should leave you both alone but not without fatin leaving the hairbrush on a nearby rock.

it took a while to get shelby to calm down but the sweet words you whispered into her ear really helped her. she knew you would try everything to fix her hair.

"can we start with your hair?"

shelby was a bit scared because she knew it was going to hurt a lot, she had knots in her hair before and it hurt but never knots like this.

but she trusted you and nodded.

you lead her to the rock where the hairbrush was placed and made per sit down in front of it and you sat behind her.

you tried your best to get the biggest knots out with your hands before you started using the brush.

"ouch"

you grimaced, you didn't want to hurt her.

"i'm sorry"

you two sat there for a while in silence. she was pretty content even if it really hurt, you also felt pretty peaceful, you liked the girl a lot and helping her made you feel good.

it took a long time but you finally got all her knots out! her hair looked pretty puffy but knot free so you were happy.

shelby turned around to look at you and quickly gave you a peck on the lips.

"thank you!"

before you had a chance to say anything she ran off with a smile.

you stood up and went to sit on the rock, you were really happy, you liked shelby for so long and now you finally know that she likes you back.

after a bit of thinking you went up and went to where the girls sat around the fire.

fatin was the first that saw you.

"little y/n finally got a girlfriend"

you blushed a deep red, not enjoying the attention at all.

"shut up"

the other girls including shelby laughed.

the rest of the night was spent with them teasing you.