Pinky Promise

i pulled into the parking lot of my highschool. it looked just like it had last year but cleaner. it had lots of diffrent buildings with numbers and letters printed at the top. that had always bugged me... i slid my cherry red porshe into a parking spot and sat there. my best friend Cayden sat next to me. she took a deep breath.

"are you ready to do this?" she whispered

' i guess' i answered my voice slightly bolder than hers.

i opened the car door and grabbed my new plain black backpack. it had a pin on the front pocket that said "kiss me im american". but other than that it was boring. i watched cayden hop outof the car and run her fingers through her perfectly curly bouncy blonde hair before reaching for her black and white checkerd backpack. she walked around the side and satood next to me. i craned my neck searching the parking lot.

" he's not in the parking lot i checked" cayden chirped

i sighed and looked at her

me and cayden had been best friends since 3rd grade when i moved in right next door. she was the pretty bubbly blonde. she had quite a mouth though. i looked at her as she leaned against the hood. today was the first day of 10th grade. she was wearing light blue skinny jeans with  pretty embroirderd pockets. she had a light pink shirt on and a bunch of long silvery necklaces. she smiled at me. she was talking about Hunter Parker. the boy that i was INLOVE with.

"ready tess?" she laughed

i smiled and nodded.

we walked across the parking lot. my worn pink vans thumped agaisnt the pavment as we walked. we strolled right into the cafeteria took get are schedules as soon as we entered we heard squels and laughing. people were always super excited on the first day even though we saw eachother at least once during the summer. we lived in such a small town. i stood infront of the desk.

"whats ur name deary" a plump redhead asked from her desk

"um Isabell Trey" i answerd

she pulled out a thick folder from the cabinet behind her. i tensed up. she slid it across the table and i grabbed it and wandered to an empty table with cayden. we cmpared schedules. i had p.e, science, and english with her. i smiled.

"caydeeeen!!!!! we should-' i got cut off.

someone shoved me and i turned around just in time to get a faceful of blue gatorade. it splashed across my face and down my shirt. my perky white t-shirt turned blue and soggy in seconds. my mouth hanged open and a gaped. i looked at the girl who threw the sticky blue liquied at me. it was Taylor Cole. the girl who has hated me since pre-K.

"welcome back" she smiled snarkly at me.

the whole cafeteria erupted in laughter. Cayden grabbed my hand and pulled me out straight for the bathroom. right before we walked out the door of the cafeteria i saw Hunter look at me and try to say somthing i shut my eyes and we ran the rest of the way to the bathroom.