The Admittance

Hey guys! So, this was initially supposed to be another one-shot, but I figured, it'd be much better to put it as a part two to Love Overflowing... Hope you guys like it!

Alex's POV

"Sue, Alex, what are your plans?" My older sister, Ate Roni, asked us.

We were currently at our family house to celebrate New Years. We decided to celebrate all together, my family and Sue's, since we're all very close anyway. We were outside by the pool, having a bonfire, while we wait for the clock to strike 12:00.

We were roasting marshmallows, singing, and talking stories about anything and everything. I was seated by Sue while she rested her head on my shoulders and my arms around her.

"What do you mean Ate?" I asked my sister, who was then quiet, meaning she was on serious mode. Everyone's eyes were on us.

"You know clearly what I mean Alex. What are your plans regarding your relationship? You guys have been together for quite a while now, you know you can't keep it hidden forever." Ate Roni responded.

Sue sat straight, knowing that this conversation was going to be a really serious one. We've talked about it before, actually.

"Umm... Ate, it's not that simple... and it's not that easy." Sue said, then heaved a sigh.

"It is if you want it to. As I said, you can't keep your relationship a secret forever. Not only will it affect people around you, it will also affect you both the most." Ate Roni said.

"I agree with Veronica. If you want your relationship to last, you must take a great risk. Even if it means hurting other people." Ate Lani added.

Usually, she was on the "lets-not-admit-it-yet" side, so her change of mind means a lot. She probably realized how much it's affecting our relationship. Plus, the fact that she's with us most of the time, she knows how hard it is to keep hiding from everyone and to avoid displaying affection in public.

"We know Ate but..." I started, but Ate Roni cut me off.

"No ifs or buts. Is this about your careers?" Ate Roni asked. We nodded.

"You know we want to admit it. Heck we could just announce to everybody right now. But, it's too hard. Too complicated." I replied.

I took Sue's hand in mines and squeezed it, hard. I looked at her and gave her a reassuring smile.

"I'm just saying... it's a win-win situation. Whether you admit your relationship to the public or not, there's still going to be people out there who'll dissaprove. Who'll hate on you. So, take chances. Risks. Do what makes you both happy because in the end, it's between the both of you." Ate Roni said.

Yeah, she's right. As they say, you can never really please anybody. So why listen to others opinions when all that matters are ours? Maybe, we should. It'll be a great way to open up 2013.

"Just think about it. You both talk about it, okay? We don't mean to pressure you both. We just want you both to be happy." Ate Lani added.

5..

4...

3..

2..

1..

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!" Everyone shouted. We were all exchanging hugs. It was starting to get a little foggy from all the fireworks popping. It was quite loud as well. But, it was fun. I searched the crowd for Sue, we separated earlier that's why. I wiped away the smoke in front of me, then saw her. There, standing by the bonsai, was my girl. My Binondo Girl. My Chinita Princess.