Chapter 51 (edited)

Start from the beginning

"Don't worry General. You trained us to move and respond as one to any threat, even without you. I assure you, we can handle this." Calmness and comfort came over me listening to her spoke.

I was relieved to hear her voice again. I missed it.

"I know you were injured, please stay and wait where you are. We can handle this." She pleaded.

The General went quiet.

If anyone can convince her, it's Hunter.

"Listen up Alex!" Her sudden loudness caused me to flinch. I'm sure it made the Major flinch too.

"Yes?!"

"Take the radio with you! Win at any cost!" She sounded driven.

"But of course!"

"Right. Let's move Hawkeye." I agreed with them.

"Hold on!" I turned to Greed's voice as he came up. "You two aren't in any shape to fight either!"

I stepped towards him. "I am going to burn up that philosopher stone of his." I promised. "I'll need the lieutenants help in order to do so."

Greed scoffed.

"Let it go. Now, let's move." Gorius reappeared.

"Right, I'm going too. It is my job to protect the young lord." Another woman's voice came into earshot.

How many people are here?

I waited as the sounds of people stepping off the platform rang in my ear.

"Take care, and keep them safe friend." The deep voice came back, I assumed he was Mrs Curtis' partner.

The Major grunted. I assumed he nodded in response to him.

"Brace yourselves! Now we continue our rise to glory!" The Major cheered.

I chuckled.

He slammed something against the platform and transmuted us up.

I'm glad she's okay. Sounds like she did a good job defending the gate.

(Hunter's POV) (promised day, central)

I stood up after talking to Armstrong. "Let's move!" I handed the speaker back to Moscow.

"I want half of you here to keep the gate." I watched as a group formed in front of me. "How much ammunition do we have left?"

"Enough to last us a few rounds." Hayes answered.

I nodded. "We'll have to make it count."

"You're actually going down there?" Falman stepped up.

"Yes." I turned to him.

"But you're injured!" He pointed out.

"If you can still stand, you can still fight." I narrowed my eyes. "And I've got plenty of fight left in me." He was taken back by my choice of words.