nightmare

[ nightmare ]

i shoot awake , chest heavy , breathing ; heavier than normal . it's just a nightmare . i look over to my girlfriend , sound asleep and so peaceful . salty tears drip from my eyes , slowly making their way to my sweatpants . stifled cries leave my lips as i stand up from our shared bed , making my way to the bathroom .

i take my face into my hands , running my fingers through my hair as i splash water onto my face. the feeling of dying , isn't a great feeling . the reoccurring nightmare , running, and running , and running . the never ending cycle of trying to escape him .

i thought that when the war ended , so would my nightmares

but i was wrong

so wrong

i walk back to our shared bed , and see shuffling from beside me , she stirs in her sleep , slowly opening her eyes .

"draco ? are you okay ?" she whispers slightly sitting up in their spot . "i'm okay, go back to sleep .. you have to be up early" i say facing my back to her .

she softly rubs my back and wraps her hands around my waist , kissing my back a few times .

"face me bub" she whispers , moving back a little , giving me space to turn . she wipes the remaining tears from my tear stained face . "it's going to be okay honey , he's not here to hurt you anymore , okay ?" she continues , "shh , you're okay ."

a few minutes pass by before i stop crying .
{y/n} takes my hand into hers and rubs her thumb across my hand gently .

"i love you {y/n} thank you ." i whisper , now engulfing her into a hug . "i love you more , let's get to sleep ." she yawns before drifting back to sleep ; her in my arms .

THE AUTHOR SPEAKS——

hi!! idk why but i feel like now i write so short. i feel so unmotivated LOLL.

please don't be a silent reader! interaction with this story only helps it grow!!

lots o love <3!!!!

p.s i got three shots today and my older brother  had the audacity to stab me with his fork. 🙄
n e ways.

oh also plz comment ur discord i'm lonely