s3 e12: " i don't want to think about you dying anytime soon"

Start from the beginning

"well not if you do"

"wow" jackson whispered with an airy chuckle at the snarky remark, watching april smile brightly at matthew as they were surrounded by the rest of their wedding party in the middle of the dance floor.

"seems like only five months ago that was us"

"and now look at us"

"all thanks to you and your mighty olympian sperm" jackson eyebrows crinkled together at the use of the name, turning his gaze over to his left.

"my—my what?"

"i don't know, amelia said it to me once and now i can't get it out of my head and it's just—" eyebrows extended towards his hairline, jackson chuckled as his wife made a shooing motion with her hand, returning his attention to the now almost empty dance floor as kelsey pulled her buzzing cell phone from the matching clutch in her lap.

"hey jher, i'm at a—"

"something happened to joslyn!" the abrupt statement caught kelsey by surprise, causing her to take a second to blink a few times at the sudden news.

"what?"

"we were on the phone and i think a smoke alarm went off but there was this explosion and the line went dead" at this point, jackson had turned around and started a conversation with a few of his former mercy west colleagues he reconnected with earlier on in the day, nescient to the discourse happening behind him.

"um, do-do you know if granny is okay?" she stammered, her finger coming up to plug her ear as she tried to comprehend the incident.

"yeah, yeah, granny's fine, she's here with me and daniel"

"the f-, they were suppose to go back to new jersey two days ago!"

"their flight got cancelled, but that doesn't matter right now, joslyn's hurt and i don't know where she is!"

"what do you mean you don't know where she is?!"

"i don't know! i think she's been seeing someone lately but she wouldn't fucking tell me so i don't know where she is or who she's with!"

"oh my god" kelsey's thumb and middle finger made their way to the inner corners of her eyes as they squeezed tightly against one another, thoughts on her cousin's state quickly clouding any other thoughts she had.

"hey, i have an emergency burn victim page back at the hospital, i can take you with me or i can see if meredith and derek are okay with dropping you off at home—"

"they might be taking her to grey sloan" she abruptly spoke into the phone, waiting for her cousin's response before stuffing her phone back into her purse, hand settling under her bump as she pushed herself up from the chair.

"woah, slow down, what's wrong?"

"i think that page might be for joslyn"

"what?"

"i'll explain in the car just--let's go!"

☁︎

"𝐤𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐞𝐲 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐑!" ignoring the plea from her husband, kelsey continued to walk as fast as her aching legs would take her, her dress bunched in her hands and flowing slightly in the wind.