24:お疲つかれ様さまでした (otsukaresama deshita)

1 Year Later

"You got everything?" Tenten asked Neji for perhaps the hundredths time that day.

"Yes." Neji sighed out loud. Tenten had been in the committee for the upcoming gathering and she had taken a keen interest in this matter. Neji did not know what the fuss was about. If he would say so himself, it was pretty obvious, Sakura would have been really dumb if she did not suspect anything.

Truthfully, Neji did not want to be there, he had planned a perfect date with Tenten for the day; which involved a locked room, handcuffs and some cute costumes, but no- Kakashi had to butt into his plans.

"Why haven't I killed him yet?" Neji muttered quietly under his breath.

"What was that?" Tenten asked him which he only returned with a chaste kiss on her unsuspecting lips.

"I love you." Neji hummed gently against her lips.

Tenten sighed into his sweet thin lips and smiled, she shifted herself away from him, "I am sorry about today. I know you had other things planned..but this is important to them. I think I will try to get rid of my roommate tonight so you can sleepover.."

Neji's entire face lifted the moment she said that, he was about to pull her into another kiss before she halted him and continued, "..if you PROMISE to be a good sport and look like you actually WANT to be there."

Neji nodded happily.

.......

"Where are they?" Kakashi sighed exasperatedly.

He had been pacing through his huge circular office as he waited for their arrival. It had been about an hour or so of torturous waiting. The silver haired nin was not used to this. He enjoyed making others wait for him; it made him felt a tiny bit special. But having to WAIT for OTHERS; he hated it.

"Have we kept you waiting?" Neji asked Kakashi in amusement.

"I chose the wrong person to carry out this mission." Kakashi grumbled as he took his spot on his ergonomic chair.

"Come now, Hokage-Sama." Neji exclaimed mockingly, "Surely, you don't mind waiting since you ENJOY making others wait."

If looks could kill, Neji would have been dead by then, Kakashi threw Neji the dirtiest look but before he could curse the Hyuuga prodigy, Tenten pushed him aside.

"Rokudaime-Sama!" Tenten huffed out in annoyance, "Don't tell me you are wearing THAT!"

Kakashi looked at his outfit; he was wearing his usual jounin outfit underneath his stained hokage robe. The stain itself was peculiar, he could not recall where he got it from, was it from the miso that he spilled two days ago? Or was it from the spicy chicken drumlets he had last week? Being a Hokage was tough work; he had not been keeping up with his personal hygiene. His good eye looked back up towards the annoyed brunette and replied, "..yes?"