scenario b

October 5,1998

"Double cheeseburger, nothing but the cheese and meat, fries and strawberry shake with whip cream at the bottom!"

"Thanks Cindy!" I say looking up from my biology textbook.

"How's your classes so far?" She asks.

"Horrible but I do love being a science dork!"

"You are a dork!"

"You are also a dork who needs to get her butt back in school" I say laughing.

"And you can work here with me. You're here majority of the night anyway." Cindy says

"Not all the time!"

"You're here when I start my shift til closing time, Val!"

"Alright but I spend most of my time studying you know that!"

"Well that's gonna be a little hard today." She says as the bar door rings.

In come a group of officers all laughing and talking to each other. I recognize three out of the four. Marvin Branaugh, Kevin Ryman, and Rita Phillips.

"Hey Cindy, can we get a round of tap please! Teaching the rookie the ropes of after work shenanigans!" Kevin said walking up to the bar.

"Hey there Valentina! How's your folks?" Marvin said walking about next to him throwing his card out.

"Aww come on Marvin let me but the first round just this once."

"No." He said diverting his attention back to me.

"They're good, just always working you know! How's Emily?"

"My daughter is missing you like crazy! I was wondering if you could watch her next weekend? Leslie and I are celebrating our wedding anniversary." He asks.

"You know I'm always up to watch your kid, Marvin!"

"Alright four beers on tap" Cindy says walking back up to us.

"You are awesome! I'll have Leslie call you to make arrangements, don't study too hard kiddo."

"Thanks Marvin, see ya Kevin. Tell Rita and whoever that new guy is I said hi." I say not wanting to exclude their newest coworker.

"He's single ya know!" Kevin says wiggling his eyebrows.

"You know she just got out of relationship, Kevin" Cindy says coming to my rescue.

"Don't worry him too!"

"Kevin!!" Says the new guy while Rita and Marvin are dying of laughter.

"I swear Kevin would drive me crazy." Cindy says

"Really? I think you two would be good together."

"Do you want that discount or not?" Cindy says

"Okay okay!" I say raising my hands up as I took a sip of my milkshake and reading the next paragraph of my textbook.

A few hours pass and we're all still there. Marvin and his crew have had so many drinks and I've hit chapter 5 in my textbook. Cindy got most of her pre-closing duties done and is now doodling on my notes.

The new guy walks up to the bar and asks cindy for another round.

"Alright Cindy." He says looking at her name tag to make sure he got it right.

"Last rounds on me and go ahead and get one for this beauty right next to me."

"This beauty is 18 rookie, but thanks." I say while giving him a smile.

"Wow, would've definitely gotten fired for that if my buddies weren't cool."

"Well I guess it's a good thing they all seem to like you."

"What do you mean?"

"You're the first new guy I've seen them bring out."

"Should I be worried?"

"No, I think it means you're doing a good job and staying on their good side." I say.

"Leon Kennedy." He says holding his hand out

"Valentina." I say taking it.

"So since I can't buy a drink, maybe I could get you another shake?"

"I wouldn't say no to that offer Mr. Kennedy."

"Alright then, another shake for the lady." He says to Cindy as she walks back over with the beers.

"Making friends Val? Haven't seen that before." Leon let's out a chuckle and I stare her down.

"Just saying hun, let me get your milkshake" she says scurrying away. Leon drops a twenty on the counter.

"Tell her to keep the change."

"Will do! I'm sure she'll appreciate that."

"Also could you do me another favor?" He asks

"Depends on the favor."

"Would you mind going out sometime to get dinner or just to maybe hang out?"

" I'd love too rookie." I tear piece of paper of my notes and write my number down. I hand it over to Leon and he puts it in his pocket smiling.

"See you around?" He says

"See ya!" I say smiling.

"That's my boy!" Kevin yells, I turn around and see Leon's face turn bright red as Kevin slaps his back.

I smile and cindy walks over with my shake.

"So when's the wedding?"

"Cindy!!"

"I'm just saying a beautiful girl like yourself and a handsome man like him. Both sarcastic, funny and smart. That's the beginning of something special right there." She says

"Well, I guess we'll just have to see.

*******
Please don't be confused by this. This is just a whole what if the virus never existed in the first place and Valentina and Leon were to meet on different terms. I plan on moving this over to AO3 soon because of all the Wattpad stuff going on. I hope you all enjoyed this story and yes there will be a sequel! Stay tuned!!!