Chapter 8

I sat there for what seemed like hours, my face wet from both blood and tears.

Both of my parents are dead. The people who gave me life, raised me and loved me. They were my go to, my best friends, my family, and they're just gone.

"Tu eres fuerte!" I'm their daughter, I'm gonna fight and survive for them.

I gave my dad one last kiss on his forehead and slowly stood up. I turned and headed towards the white room hoping to find a weapon. I walk towards the desk and began reading the notes:

Test Subject A09876:

Virus Sample: G-Virus (G) and GilMorenoBlood(G.M.B)

0400: The subject was infected with G four hours ago and is mutating rapidly.

0415: The subject has now been injected with G.M.B

0700: Some G-virus cells beginning to die off

0800: subject is deceased with G cells becoming dormant

0900: Subject NOT DECEASED. Was in some sort of hibernation and is now walking around. Has no recollection of infection

1000: Subject heavily sedated. Blood sample retrieved.

1230: it seems that G.M.B began to pick out G cells and neutralize them while subject was in hibernation. Could this be the breakthrough we were looking for?

1300: Subject has no G cells. Subject is free of viral infection.

1400: Subject was put down after recovery for classification. More studies be done to understand G.M.B

W.Birkin
G.Moreno
L.Moreno

My father's blood is the cure for all this, this could've ended sooner.

If I can get him to consume Valentina, there's a chance it can put him into a hibernation state. That's when he'll be most vulnerable. I'm sorry Gilbert and Lorena.

A.Birkin

I was actual dinner for her husband so she could put him down. Yet she didn't know that throwing me in as bait would guarantee anything.

I grab all the papers and throw it, I then start smashing what I can out of anger, frustration and confusion. The room was barely recognizable once I was through with it, I sat in the middle crying once again. I just want to wake up from this horrible dream, eating dinner at the bar while cracking jokes with Cindy, taking exams and just have my normal life back. Why did everything have to turn out like this? Why are my parents gone?

I hear the doors to the laboratory open and I scramble to find a defense weapon. Who I saw caused a flood of relief to rush through me.

"Leon!" I cried out. I ran to him and practically tackled him but he was able to keep us upright.

"Val! I'm sorry! I'm so so sorry! I shouldn't have treated you that way. It's was wrong of me to accuse you like that." He said as he wrapped his arms around me.

"They're gone Leon." I said as we began to pull away.

"Who?"

"My parents." I began to cry again as I walk over towards my dad.

"Is this.."