"Your voice sounds like honey"

The next day Dream is up before Sapnap. He tries not to wake him as he slowly gets up and slides out of the grasp of Sapnap's arms and goes to grab a pillow to put under Sapnap's head after he moves. They didn't have much planned for the day so Dream decided to make breakfast in hopes Sapnap would be up in time to eat it while it's still hot. Not wanting to wake Sapnap just yet, Dream puts headphones in and listens to music instead of listening on speakers like he normally would. The freedom of being able to listen to whatever and whenever was one of Dreams favorite "new" freedoms now that he had his own house.

While he listens to music he cant help but think about how he might feel for Sapnap. Just the thought of his smile warms Dream's entire soul. He wondered if Sapnap felt the same... or if he ever did. Dream had seen him blush at him when they'd make dumb jokes but at the same time they made those jokes all the time. So, what if it was just platonic? Dream feels his heart sink into his stomach. How do I tell Nick? Do I tell him? How's he gonna react? Will he feel the same? Does he feel the same? Will he hate me? What will he.... His mind wanders into thought as his body seems to go into auto pilot, making the same breakfast he always made when he made it himself. Hell, it was the only thing he could make...

"FUCK!" he yells in a mix of anger and pain as the hot grease from the bacon sizzling in the pan pops and burns the middle knuckle of his finger. The burn shocks him back into reality and his head seems to be a bit more clear, still stressed, but more clear.

A good 45 minutes passes afterward and Dream hears a faint "What'd you make?" From the living room. Sapnap had woken up to the sound of the clanking dishes that had been pulled out of the cabinets. The faint light of the TV that had been muted in the late night somewhere around 4am shined against Sapnap's face along with the sunlight from the curtained window next to him. "Pancakes, Eggs, and Bacon" Dream says

Sapnap gets up with a groan and asks dream from across the house "Why does my neck hurt? I slept fine, I mean like I slept on that pillow fine I don't know why my neck is sore."

"Hmm weird" Dream says, unsure of wether or not he should tell Sapnap they slept on each other last night. "How'd you sleep other than that?" Dream asks. "Well, I was super comfortable. Oh and when did you leave? because I definitely fell asleep before you" I didn't. Dream wants to say but instead says "I think I fell asleep near the same time because I fell asleep on the couch next to you and didn't even know you were asleep"

Sapnap smiles and tries to hide that hes blushing, something about the thought of Dream and him sleeping on the couch together made his heart happy and his face lit up at the thought. Now sitting at the table, he hides his smile by stuffing his mouth with pancakes. After grabbing some orange juice for the two of them Dream sits down across from Sapnap.

Sapnap, his voice still sounding like it does when hes tired, asks dream "So, did we cuddle?" In response Dream, not knowing wether or not Sapnap was joking, says "I dunno, but if we did, I bet you Loved it" Sapnap blushes but this time Dream notices it and is 100% sure he sees it. "Oh someones embarrassed". In disbelief that Dream just called him out Sapnap defensively says "It's just hot in here. Shut up". Dream, knowing how to get under someones skin and tease people in this way looks Sapnap in the eyes and says "Your voice sounds like honey. Warm, sweet and smooth. It could heal the cuts of a thousand hurtful words. You know that?" If only I could taste where it comes from. he thinks, not daring to say that part out loud.

Dream knows his feelings now. Just last night he had thought it was a coincidence but now he knows. The only question left is, Is this just a stupid fling that'll blow over, Or are these feelings real?. Only time can tell.

Sapnap's in shock and tries to think of a way to respond back. "Dream?" He says softly. "We-were you joking?" he adds, this time bold but with a soft undertone. "No" Dream simply says back. That's all that Sapnap needed. There wasn't a need for a long answer from Dream and to be honest, Sapnap didn't want a long explanation. Dream could feel tensions rise and he looked Sapnap in the eyes and asked "Is that ok?" "More than okay" Sapnap says as he walks over to Dream. Their eyes lock and Dream can"t hold back any longer. He kisses Sapnap. As their lips lock he can feel Sapnap moving in closer to him. He can feel Sapnap's body against his. He feels safe in Sapnap's arms. Like nothing could hurt him again.