"No one's said that about my music before.. well, no one's actually ever heard my music before, so that makes sense," I said, and I could have sworn he moved a little closer at it.

"There's a first time for everything," he replied, and when his warm eyes slid back up to meet mine, I found myself longing to know all the secrets they held.

"Are you going to the fair tomorrow?" The question came out of me before I gave it much thought.

"Are you?" He asked, and I nodded. "Well then I guess I'll try to go, too. Maybe I'll see you there," he replied as he lifted the guitar from my lap and stood up. He held out his hand to help me up, and I took it with a smile of my own.

"Maybe," I responded with a slight blush, and then leaned down to grab my bag, slinging it over my shoulder a moment later. "See you later," I said as he got his bag as well.

"Later," he replied, but then as we went to go our separate directions, he added, "hey, you have a nice smile. You should use it more often."

I turned to look at him again, slightly taken aback and slightly in awe, but he was already walking away again. When he was gone, I let out a slight breath, and then realized that I was going to be pretty late to class.

Most of my teachers were fine with us being a bit late, but not the one I had right after music block. It was just my luck that when I got to class a few moments after the second bell rang, the teacher handed me a detention slip with a little side-glare. I sighed, took it, and then sat down in my seat in the back of the class, staring down at my desk and rolling my eyes.

I mean.. I guess it was worth it though.

• • •
J A K E
• • •

The fair tomorrow. Okay. I can work with that. I replied to her text saying I'd pick her up at 6, and then made my way to detention. When I saw Connor walking into the room ahead of me, though, my eyebrows shot up. Luckily the teacher wasn't in there yet, so I brought him into a playful headlock when he sat down. Knowing it was me, he grunted and greeted me.

"Hey blondie," I sat down in front of him, and then turned around with an amused smirk. He rolled his eyes. "What the hell did you do to get detention? Are you finally becoming a little rebellious?"

"Yes, I'm actually getting a few piercings after school, if you want to join," he replied sarcastically, and then explained, "I was literally just late to class."

"That's lame," I chuckled. "Why?" When he slightly blushed, my eyebrows rose again. "You gotta work on that- your pale ass makes it wayyy to obvious when you blush."

"Ugh," he grunted again, "let's just skip the questions. Yes, I was with him, and no, I don't want to talk about it right now," he told me quietly, and I narrowed my eyes with a grin as other people started to walk in, as well as the teacher.

"It's fine, I'll drive you to my place after this and you can spill on the way," I replied, and he rolled his eyes, which made me chuckle. "For real, we gotta work on that, though. You sad little creature." He shot me another glare at this, and I laughed again.

Detention went by pretty quickly, but only because I was able to spend it finding little ways to annoy Connor- being the amazing older-cousin/uncle/brother-in-law that I was. As the two of us were walking out of the school, we walked by Bruce and his pack of asshats as they were on their way to practice, and Connor kept his eyes planted on a ground. I kept mine up, though, and didn't hold back the mental daggers I was shooting their way.