Anya beamed.

Yes...I suppose they will.

Her expression quickly turned serious as she looked into Mishti's eyes.

Anya : However, I am not certain that Abir deserves such good news.

Mishti looked down at her lap. It was Anya's turn to take Mishti's hands in hers.

Anya : Mishti, what happened?

Mishti : Nothing happened.

Your brother merely broke my heart. That is all.

Anya waited for Mishti to look up again and, when she did, her eyes liquid with tears, the younger woman searched her gaze for answers. After a very long moment, Anya seemed to find what she was looking for.

Anya : You told me to face the Elite by being wonderfully me, didn't you? You follow the same. Be you. Be so wonderfully you that he is left reeling.

Mishti smiled as tears pooled in her eyes again and she hugged Anya, not wanting her to notice them. And, as Anya held her, Mishti whispered the words she could no longer deny.

Mishti : But what if I am not enough?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Abir couldn't remain in the Deora House after what happened. He had to go from there. Since he had come with his siblings in a single car, he left on foot and left the car for their disposal.

He set for Rajvansh Mansion and wondered what he was going to do. His entire life... His entire life, he had avoided having a meaningful relationship of any kind. He had avoided women who he thought he could like, he had perfected the ultimate bad boy act so that mothers wouldn't trust their daughters to be around him. He had spent his entire life making sure that no woman could take any special place in his life and he in theirs. He'd grown up in a household destroyed by a woman, marred by an unrequited love that had eaten away at his father, who had eventually died of the affliction—too heartbroken for too long to fight when he fell ill and died.

But now, here was Mishti. Sweet, Caring, Selfless Mishti who was nothing like the cruel woman who had borne him but at the same time, was equally dangerous.

For when she had said she had loved him and looked at him, Abir had seen her luminous eyes, her sincerity and he was unable to breathe. He couldn't bring himself to think. And when she had asked him to leave, Abir had felt the same hopelessness that his father had probably felt when his wife had left. He could do nothing but just watch as his life fell apart.

It was a terrifying feeling. And if it was love, he wanted none of it.

He failed to notice that the clouds had set in and the few people out on the road were drawing out their umbrellas. But, All Abir could see was Mishti's tear stained face and the hurt that he had caused her. The devastation there on her face-- all because of him.

Why had she fallen in love with him? When had she? How could she? She deserved so much more. She did not need him. He had done nothing but give her pain. She had given him passion, light and happiness but he had taken the latter away from her. Everything was complicated now.

He was honest enough to admit that if he had wanted to return to a life with no complications, he could have done so on the first day that he had met Mishti, just outside his bedroom. If he had ignored her request then, probably his life would have continued just as before.