Chapter 26 - Moring After

Start from the beginning

Kara and Lena are both finishing up getting dressed in Lena's bedroom. Once more, just like for the second part of their date last night, Lena is allowing Kara to wear some of her clothes. She still doesn't voice the fact that she kind of likes Kara wearing her clothes, it's just nice. It's nothing sexual or kinky or anything like that, she just likes it. Lena for her part has a very different style to Kara, as Kara's style can be described accurately as quirky. Lena's style on the other hand obviously contains a lot of designer clothes, which frankly are far less comfortable. That said, Lena still does own some more comfortable clothing which she mostly saves for herself to wear when she is at home, when she doesn't have to go out in public where strangers can see her. This isn't because of Lena's vanity or anything. It is simply because Lena has to give off a certain persona to make it in the world as a CEO of one of the biggest companies in the world, and Lex Luthor's sister. Lena can't afford for the general public to see her in less professional or less expensive outfits, which happen to be comfortable. If they did, the people that Lena works with, and against, could sense some sort of weakness, and perhaps think less of her, making Lena's business life all the more difficult.

Kara's phone buzzes just as she finishes getting ready.

Alex (to Kara): Are you coming to pick Alura up soon? Or have you just run off together and forgotten your daughter?

Kara (to Alex): I'm just about to leave Lena's to come pick her up!

Alex: Good! She's being a bit of a terror at the moment...

Kara: What why?

Alex: She seemingly woke up on the wrong side of the bed. She was fine last night.

Alex: I think she just misses you.

Kara: Okay, well you can tell her that I will be there soon.

Kara: How about I bring lunch?

Alex: Sure. What are you gonna get, we had pizza last night.

Kara: How about I get us some sandwiches from Noonan's?

Alex: That sounds good! Can you get me a pulled pork sandwich with BBQ sauce?

Kara: Of course! Be there soon!

Alex: Okay!

Kara puts her phone away in her pocket and looks at Lena who is just looking at her with a smile.

"That was Alex. She is asking where I am." Kara explains.

"Oh. I guess you'll have to pick Alura up now." Lena says, nervously, not wanting her time with Kara to come to an end.

"Yeah." Kara nods in just as much of a nervous and disappointed tone.

"Well, I had a really nice time last night.... and this morning.... I hope we can do it again... soon." Lena says as she wrings her hands together.

Kara closes the distance to Lena and takes her in for a tender kiss then hugs her.

"Yeah, me too." Kara smiles.

Lena walks hand in hand with Kara downstairs towards her front door. The two are both only holding hands because they still can't get enough of one another, and them holding hands allows them to have some more intimacy, even if it's only for a little while longer.

"Well.... I should go..." Kara says, gingerly, as the two arrive at the door.

Lena carefully lets go of Kara's hand and nods.