"No, of course not!" Sadia burst into tears. "We have two young sons, Arhaan!"

"Then thing of them the next time you want to create issues." I didn't want to do this in front of everyone, but not a day went by these days when I didn't feel my blood pressure rising, and a pounding headache. I was sick and tired of all of this and I had no idea what to do with myself. "I'm giving you an ultimatum, Sadia. I'm doing this in front of everyone because I'm not messing around now. If you want to move out, ask me because it's your right. But do not unnecessarily create anymore dramas in the lives of my parents and siblings. This is your last chance, and after you lose this chance, there won't be any more chances."

Sadia looked shaken, but she nodded and left the room quietly.

"Arhaan..." Ammi began.

"No, Ammi. I've had enough." I shook my head, closing my eyes because my head ache horribly. "I'll get brain haemorrhage from all this stress." I looked at my parents. "If necessary, I'll leave with my family, but in my lifetime, you two are not leaving the house that you both built with your hard work."

They both exchanged a look, looking anxious.

"Don't worry." I told them, calmly. "This was way overdue." I turned and headed out of the room.

****

YEARS AGO

Jasmina had never cried directly because of me. In fact, she always came to me when Ahad had troubled her, or even when she was sad.

The first time she'd indirectly cried because of me was when she was three and she'd seen me getting to Papa's car to go to school, when the school year had begun. After a great summer abroad in Europe, we'd spent a lot of family time, and little Jazzy had gotten attached to me.

"Bhai!" Tears running down her cheeks, Jasmina ran out towards me, holding out her arms, followed by a weary Ammi.

"Jasmina, beta, gir jaao gi, jaan." Our mother was saying.

*"Jasmina, dear, you'll fall."

But my adorable sister wrapped her arms around my legs, refusing to let go. "Bhai! Main bhi!"

*"Me too!"

By that, she meant that she wanted to go as well. I crouched down so that I was at her level. "I have to go to school, Jazzy. We'll play together when I get back, okay?"

Ammi had slowly pulled her back, causing her to cry harder.

Even though I wasn't at fault, I'd felt guilty for the rest of the day, remembering my sister's tear-streaked face as she watched me leave.

I hated the idea of any of my family crying because of me, especially Jasmina, my baby sister. Being the only sister and the youngest, she was beloved to all.

The only other time I remembered her crying because of me was when I'd left for London for higher education. She and I had always been pretty close, so she was really upset that I was leaving.

"Who will defend me against Ahad Bhai?" She had sniffed as she'd walked me to Ali Uncle's car, as he was the one driving me and Fawad to the airport.

"Ahad knows not to mess with you." I smiled at her. "He says a word against you, let me know. And you at least have Papa here as well. Ammi takes your side as well, most of the time."